Design by committee - An experiment I want you to be part of

maybe the leaf looks a bit too big can you make it smaller?

can we see the logo in plain old helvetica/arial for a second? i just wanna see if it translates a similar message or not.

It's looking a little like a Canadian company with the new leaf?

news_canadian-flag-640.jpg

Can we see how it would have looked with the negative space of the 'a' turned into a leaf (simple addition of a stalk bottom left) and then the 'o' back to normal/or arrows of some variety?

Negative space of 'a' turned into a leaf with the addition of a stalk. Also made the negative space slightly larger to compensate for the stalk and reverted the 'o' back to normal.

the a doesn't look right!

It either needs to be bigger or to be capitalised

or use the maple leaf with stem in the O instead again

or just execute the small a and leaf better

I'm sorry for the lack of updates over the last few days. I've been busy. charles suggested capitalising the A, so I've done so:

make the spacing the same as other letters...(now we've lost our leaf and are back to square one...)

Balanced spacing as requested:

There are no rules that say you can't request a reprise of a previous feature by the way.

delete file and start again.

the trouble you have here is that you ned to make multiple changes to see what works, if I decided to put a leaf in I would probably try about 15 different leafs in multiple positions, then new ideas etc etc if you only take one written idea at a tiem I dont think we'll get anywhere.

there has never been a logo everyone is 100% in unison about, it'll never happen so this thread is doomed to continue for all of enternity.

That's what the experiment is about, Brendan. While I realise that only one revision per time is not how a real world project would unfold, it does at least give an excellent insight into how this particular logo has evolved quite literally from nothing. It was never said that the outcome would be positive, or indeed if there would be an outcome.

I'm happy to carry on with this project if anyone else would like to advise where you would like the project to go next. It seemed as if progress was being made towards the middle of the project.

Back