Design by committee - An experiment I want you to be part of

Jazajay said:
Okay serious we could be here with the leaf thing for months to come, yet alone an actual site design TBH.

Any ideas on that?

the whole thing should be made from leaves :D :lol:

Yeah 1 big leaf Chris with appsoft written across it in bold #FFF Arial.
Layout?

Full page, centered, left, right, navigation left, navigation right, horizontal, both, local or global navigation, footer or no footer, BUT HAY 103 POSTS ON JUST THE LOGO, well.........

Sorry for the lack of updates. Here is the lowercase 'a' again and the leaf flipped as requested by Levi.

that wasn't my full request, although I did say it was hard to describe, I wanted the rear of the a to follow the shape of the leaf, kind of like adding a thick border around the leaf cut out and then having the lower 'kick' of the a

this is very quick and dirty but I mean more like this

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 14
Hello. I'm completly new here(literally my first post!) . Just wanted to say kudos for a pretty neat idea on this thread. Pretty interesting to see this evolve from a blank canvas.

Just a suggestion though I think whats flawed with this process ( and ultimately why this project can't go anywhere) is the fact that you are taking technically every single request from literally everyone(not to prejudge anyone here) and their varying degrees of taste and design experience. And also what positive addition you may have at some point gets offset quickly by a 'wrong turn' IMHO . So you are basically stuck doing 10 million changes to the degree of transparency or the rotation angle of the leaf -- for example.

I would think if you want to progress( and this may be a bit late.. but) you may want to try a system where you accept say the first 3-5 suggestions on an item from your list of to-do's. You then pretty much try and incorporate what you feel is the best idea out of the bunch and then move on to the next item. this way you are not stuck on a single area endlessly and are not revisiting and making changes to what may have been a perfectly good suggestion that worked out well.

Any way good luck. :cheers:

Reworked the 'a' as requested by Levi.

Ayohannes, you make good points, all of which I had in mind when I first started this project. I am indeed taking on board every single request because it's really interesting to see how the project can go from really good to really bad (and vice versa) in the space of one suggestion. I am ultimately just the 'slave' in this project and not responsible for the ideas.

You're absolutely right that there are potential wrong turns at every turn but it's up to those suggesting ideas to steer the project back on course.

I think the ideas of taking only a handful of suggestions on board is interesting, but then the design becomes influenced by me too much and I want to remain as impartial as possible.

Feel free to make some suggestions though and how you think things should move forward!

Back