Design by committee - An experiment I want you to be part of

Loving this thread great idea fella.
What about a colour scheme to the site, green and grey?

PS thought the logo looked best on the leaf on the A TBH. :)

can we try it with the a being the other style of lower case a, still with the leaf design.

yeh the stem of the leaf doesn't look right cutting across the letter hence the suggestion to capitalise and use the upper triangle with a maple style leaf, but always gonna appeal different to different people lol

Changed the 'a' to the other style of a. Incidentally, an 'a' which doesn't exist in the Helvetica glyphs notably and so custom made. The leaf has been rotated and slighlty modified to follow the same sort of contour as the top of the the 'a'.

Also Charles, you didn't say use the maple style leaf in your previous suggestion. You only said "capitalise the a and apply negative space the top of the A". Just thought I'd mention that.

the stem is all wring, should exit where the curve joins the upright of the a if gonna do it like that otherwise looks odd

This leaf business seems to be going backwards and forwards all the time! I like the one in post 69 and 86 it was subtle yet effective. hmmm

Changed the 'a' to 'A' and added a maple-style leaf as suggested. Levi's suggestion was knocked out on this occasion because it would have countered charles' suggestion.

change the a to a lower case shape (again) with the previous leaf shape removed but in the opposite direction and with the rear following the curve of the leaf - no squaring off at the top either.

Should all count as one because it's more descriptive than anything :)

Okay serious we could be here with the leaf thing for months to come, yet alone an actual site design TBH.

Any ideas on that?

Back