Design by committee - An experiment I want you to be part of

Interesting thread :)

My suggestion/addition would be to change the globe icon for something more representative of recycling, so take the globe out replace with 'o' from that typeface then fashion in two arrows going around that curve if that makes sense?

playing on gregs comment, how about keeping the globe and adding the recycle arrows around it but in a 3d kind of way

make the negative space inside the o a leaf - so you have the recycling element and the leaf symbolising the environment.

In addition to Bren's suggestion you could try switching the 'o' back to a normal 'o' and then adding the leaf element into the negative space on the 'a' looks like it would fit perfectly :)

Because Greg's suggestion would negate Bren's, Bren's wins over on this revision. A leaf has been added to the O. I've also attached some of my sketch attempts to incorporate a leaf into the negative space. You might want to click on it to see it properly though as the forum resizes it fairly small because there's 36 different sketches. Shaded parts of the sketches represent the parts where the grey of the O would come in to meet the negative space. I've also attached some of the reference photos I've been looking at. Additionally, I've changed Arial Black to Helvetica Black as per Ralph Saunder's earlier request.

change to this style of non acorn looking leaf

16.autumn-leaf.png

Addition of a more detailed leaf as per Br3n's suggestion.

Removal of arrows, but keep the leaf as per iain's suggestion.

i like the second choice but i dont like the font to "app"

same font as the "soft"?

Back