Letterpress Business Cards - revival

But i think this kinda of business are occassionaly, in my knowledge. That's pretty you fascinated with the revival of interest in letterpress or foil printing of business cards. But i would like to know, will you be benefited as much through this :unsure: ???

Thanks for sharing these cards David... love letterpress and i think letterpress cards look amazing but as others have said they certainly don't come cheap. My logo is very detailed so i don't think it'd be suitable for letterpressing unfortunately.

floriographic said:
Thanks for sharing these cards David... love letterpress and i think letterpress cards look amazing but as others have said they certainly don't come cheap. My logo is very detailed so i don't think it'd be suitable for letterpressing unfortunately.
Yes you're right, your logo is too detailed for letterpress - but you could easily simplify it for the letterpress/foil process.
Recently I've been receiving some very interesting enquiries with mock-ups/visuals showing blind embossing/debossing - I've enclosed one below.
The Longimanus artwork (latin for white tipped shark apparently) came from a New York designer on behalf of her client who has a scuba diving business on the island of Bora Bora - all very interesting to me.
It's quite difficult to tell the difference between the mock-up (below) and the actual business cards - I'll post photo's of the finished cards when they're ready.

Attachments

• longimanus_bizcard_mockup_v2.jpeg
    longimanus_bizcard_mockup_v2.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 11
Here's a pic of the finished cards - GFSmith Colorplan 540gsm Pristine white, blind debossed + black foil.
- David

Attachments

• DSCN5421.JPG
    DSCN5421.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 6
Hi David, I didn't know we actually had a letterpress printer amongst our ranks. I'll drop you a mail shortly as it'd be good to have a chat.

Sean Lee-Amies said:
Ask yourself this, are your clients paying you enough money to warrant spending the money on embossed business cards? If not, then they probably won't need to be "wowed" by such cards.

There's little point spending £3* per business card if only one in twenty choose to hire you and then only spend £30 with you.

*These prices are fictional and are intended to demonstrate an example.
I realise this is an old post but as it's giving the wrong impression I'd like to give a more accurate price guide.

200/250 letterpress foiled cards are nearer £1 each (or less) - unless you go overboard with multiple colours / gilded edges. Even then it would be hard to get to £3 per card.

£1 per card is still a lot of money but the kind of people who buy these cards tend not to be hard-up :)

- David

Where did you get your quote for your client from Dave? Need to do some myself shortly so looking for suppliers.

Hi Tina

I print these bespoke letterpress/foil business cards myself - on a hand operated vintage printing machine.

If you'd like a quote just send me a mock-up of your design to:- [email protected]

- David

Back