Letterpress Business Cards - revival

Ask yourself this, are your clients paying you enough money to warrant spending the money on embossed business cards? If not, then they probably won't need to be "wowed" by such cards.

There's little point spending £3* per business card if only one in twenty choose to hire you and then only spend £30 with you.

*These prices are fictional and are intended to demonstrate an example.

I've 910gsm duplex colorplan cards with two foils and edge painting. They cost a packet but have paid for themselves at networking events etc. they were also features on deeplyimpressed.co.uk letterpress blog.

I've 910gsm duplex colorplan cards with two foils and edge painting. They cost a packet but have paid for themselves at networking events etc. they were also features on deeplyimpressed.co.uk letterpress blog.

Hello mcskiliz - I'd love to see your cards. Is it possible for you to put a photo on here ? :)

Kind regards - David

Ha good spot Tony. I did look at it thinking somethings off.
I quite like the videos that show the technique of letterpress printing myself. The end result looks great but the process is like a nostalgic, mechanical ballet: http://vimeo.com/35688592.

That's a lovely video. We had a letterpress area at University. I wish I'd made some more use of it now!

solopressuk said:
Ha good spot Tony. I did look at it thinking somethings off.
I quite like the videos that show the technique of letterpress printing myself. The end result looks great but the process is like a nostalgic, mechanical ballet: http://vimeo.com/35688592.
This video takes me back 40 odd years - thankfully we now use InDesign and Heidelberg platens.

All I'm seeing in that thread is the C*** word massive on the front of his business card. Should've worked with the kerning a little more I feel.
I see that too and so did the person I just showed it too.... LolI love looking at letterpress cards and invites. It's something that I've always wanted to do more of... who knows... one day maybe.

rach27 said:
I see that too and so did the person I just showed it too.... Lol I love looking at letterpress cards and invites. It's something that I've always wanted to do more of... who knows... one day maybe.
It's a nice card tho' when you see the photo of the finished cards...

Here's my favourite card for April: Colorplan 700gsm Duplex dark grey/pristine white - with copper foil and black + blind debossed logo.

Attachments

• DSCN5328.JPG
    DSCN5328.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 9
If I had the money, I would order letterpressed business cards in a heartbeat. However, I worry that I wouldn't want to pass any of them out!

I would love to get some letterpress cards. Shauna, I think they'd be really impressive with some of your hand lettering on them! :)

Someday when I am making major bank, it'll happen. I LOVE the card samples I have from Taste of Ink. The suede card is SO SOFT.

Back