Letterpress Business Cards - revival

Might be in contact soon David, one of my ideas for my wedding invite this year is to have it letter pressed, i'm getting a quote from a few places at the moment

Kudosis said:
Might be in contact soon David, one of my ideas for my wedding invite this year is to have it letter pressed, i'm getting a quote from a few places at the moment

Hello Adam

I'd be happy to have a look at your wedding invite.

Apart from what I produce myself, which is short-run letterpress foil business cards (mainly as a hobby these days), I have various contacts in the trade for letterpress - though I don't like to get involved in internet price wars - there's always a cheaper price if someone looks hard and long enough, even if it all ends in tears.

It surprises me that so much time and effort is wasted - looking for the cheapest price on such an important but relatively low cost business purchase as business cards. Of course, I know that many of the members on this forum feel the same way as myself regarding this.

My main interest these days is business cards - the last letterpress wedding invitations I produced were for my own wedding 34 years ago. I set the type (metal) and my fiance ran them through my little hand-fed machine :) thankfully somebody invented the computer and the metal type was binned...not a day too soon. But that was before the current trend of using excessive impression to give the de-bossed effect.

Don't forget to leave plenty of time for letterpress / foil, this is slowprint Letterpress business and "Calling" Cards — :)

Kind regards - David

This is a card I printed last week, black/white foil. Artwork was supplied by Chris - an exercise in minimalism - even the simplest design is striking on this kind of card (GF Smith Colorplan 540gsm).

Attachments

• DSCN4267.jpg
    DSCN4267.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN4268.jpg
    DSCN4268.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 47
Good thread - i want some cards like this later this year

jokull3.jpg

Found this recently - this is my kind of thing - just spoiled for me by the edge painting.

Attachments

• f8489e410e8244ded9a535c9acc91f1e.jpg
    f8489e410e8244ded9a535c9acc91f1e.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 38b750b74cb52336bfacdd05e5987de9.jpg
    38b750b74cb52336bfacdd05e5987de9.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 48
Here's another pic...lovely blind debossed logo + garish green.

Attachments

• 91c43ea453444325946d2044a460f129.jpg
    91c43ea453444325946d2044a460f129.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 27
Anybody know how much 100 or 200 like these would cost?

Or just 2 colours would be enough if it costd less?

Attachments

• black-letterpress-business-cards-8.jpg
    black-letterpress-business-cards-8.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 50
BillB said:
Anybody know how much 100 or 200 like these would cost?

Or just 2 colours would be enough if it costd less?

Hi

I produce the odd small batch of cards like these myself - as a hobby (but not edge painted).

I would charge around £125 for 100 in 2 colours (or de-embossed + 1 colour).

200 for around £155 - on Smith's Colorplan 540gsm.

Email me if you want a sample.

- David

I think it is.
It is, this thread has been getting a bit Patrick Bateman
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIvd3zzu4Y]YouTube - ‪American Psycho: Business Card Scene‬‏[/ame]

Not too long ago I owned a site called Card Observer, which is a gallery of business card designs. Everyday I would have to look through submissions and pick out the best business cards. This was something I really enjoyed and miss doing. So I thought it would be fun to do a showcase of awesome business cards here.
For this post, I’ve rounded up a collection of 20 clean white letterpress business cards that will inspire you. You’ll notice that the clean and minimal approach taken with these designs conveys an overwhelming sense of quality and elegance.

If any of you guys and gals want to show off your card designs then please submit them to my site www.lovebusinesscards.com

I love letterpressed cards. I got a quote for some but just couldnt afford them at the moment. They just look so professional and classy.

TomStutt said:
I love letterpressed cards. I got a quote for some but just couldnt afford them at the moment. They just look so professional and classy.

Hello Tom

If you want to email your artwork to me I may be able to help.

- David

Back