Logo for me : )

Hi Thanks I used Jagger Print in Kingston upon Thames. I'm not sure exaclty what paper I used as I didnt have much choice, but I would say about 130 uncoated. I went to a local printer because I knew it wasnt a regular size (slightly over an A size so a pain to print) and I wanted someone to speak to in person and they where great. The little slips where printed with 200g heavy weight cartridge paper, ran through my trusted canon printer and the b cards where printed by MOO cards which were unfortunallty much cheaper than Jagger so I couldnt use a local service. Jagger was a bit old school and they thought I was completely mad..'a CV that folds up?!?' ..but when they saw it they liked it:)

I like the idea. I would probably look at it being a little less rigid as said in earlier posts. Have you thought of having the leaves growing around the type kind of like ivy, more organic looking?

Hi there, I'm doing my second year at Truro (fda dig vis.) and I'm struggling to find any REAL world design briefs that have any sort of relevant information I need for 2 case studies. I was wondering if you could possibly tell me a real life brief you have been given and any information on how it went ie :

what was the brief ?
how did the brief come about ?
how detailed was the brief?
did the brief change over time ?
what problems where there?
what was good/bad about the outcome.

I would really appreciate it if you could possibly do this for me. It does not have to be alot of words just general points in shorthand and if you have a link to the particular outcome or pdf. So I can apply my thoughts to it.

I'm struggling to keep awake at the moment aas I have a horrible chest inf3ection so I probably sound a little vague but I would really appreciate it if you have a little time spare to send me something ?

Many Thanks, Laura

Hey all,
I just thought I would say I have a job!!!! yey! a fulltime proper job in a brilliant design studio! awsome!
Thanks all for you advice and support!
:) :) :)

gratz! the cv looked snazzy. I'm at Kingston uni at the moment so was interested when you mentioned the printers, i've never heard of them/gone past them. would you recommend? value/quality?

and where are you working?! link to their site?

Yes it was, I got so sick of posting off and emailing people I found thier address and drove over and handed my CV to them in person. And now I have the job! I'm just branding a tender for the 2012 british hair dressing awards! awsome! :)

Oh yes daytona I would recommend then they where very accomodating, not super snazzy or anything but long established and will try to help you as much as pos. I had my B cards printed by MOO.com as they where cheaper but i needed a more personnal touch for my CVs

Does the Robot Angel thing have any practical, day-to-day use once it's on someone's desktop? It's a nice little character but I have to say I'd probably take him home and give him to my kids rather than keep it in my workspace as simple decoration. Even something as simple as a vehicle for pins or paperclips might tip the balance...

Not really I thought about this but he feels really nice and fuzzy and has beans in the bottom of him so he sits nicely on the desk.
I don't really mind if someone takes him home as I'll only be sending him out to real vacancies (unlike the mailer I did before) also its like a story you get him with my CV application and all my details you can see how he was made on my blog and I'm also tweeting like mad, too all those people who like my CV or are following me to get the word out about me! a mini campaign to create a bit of buzz :)

Back