Collaboration anyone?

Pickles

Hi everyone.

I've been reading some of the posts about people looking for work and advice and I'm the same. I have however had an idea this morning about what I could do about it. I want to your views if you think this is a stupid idea.

I've always wanted do some collaborative work so that I can learn and grow from other people's views. Obviously I would do the same for other people in return. I'm not quite sure what kind of projects or how it would work, but we could start with general artwork posters and progress from there. Obviously it may be a challenge to work out some of the details - with only talking through posts and emails - but I believe it could give people a different way of working and learning. Maybe pick a word out the dictionary, do some quick brainstorming and each produce a part of the design?

I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear so I'll explain things more if needed.

This is what's behind my thinking:
  • Building honest design relationships,
  • Improving your artwork
  • Improve communication skills
  • Constructive criticism
  • Produce unique creative work
.. and of-course have a bit of fun.

It's just an idea, let me know what you think.

Lynne
:icon_blushing:

id be interested in working on something...

if im not doing anything i might aswell be doing something constructive :)

That's excellent news chris_17 & mr_bear. I'm very happy to hear this, I shall be in touch :icon_biggrin:

Please let me know if you have further suggestions and ideas on time scales and type of project. I would like to do something sooner rather than later, but, I also don't want to put any demands on people (that's not the point of the project) I guess it's all about finding a balance. Feel free to PM me.

Eh not sure where to start... how about personal interests?
Me: Motorsport, print design, photography, Japanese, music, that kind of thing. But I'm open to a lot of different things, I'm a visual thinker.

Anyway I shall give this more thought as-to how we could make it work! Thanks for the replies.

Cheers Lynne

That's excellent news chris_17 & mr_bear. I'm very happy to hear this, I shall be in touch :icon_biggrin:

Please let me know if you have further suggestions and ideas on time scales and type of project. I would like to do something sooner rather than later, but, I also don't want to put any demands on people (that's not the point of the project) I guess it's all about finding a balance. Feel free to PM me.

Eh not sure where to start... how about personal interests?
Me: Motorsport, print design, photography, Japanese, music, that kind of thing. But I'm open to a lot of different things, I'm a visual thinker.

Anyway I shall give this more thought as-to how we could make it work! Thanks for the replies.

Cheers Lynne

I'm with you on motorsport!:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Sounds like a good idea, I'm always open to projects like this and working as a team. Something which I feel slightly isolated from in my current workplace. I think something like this could work well in a portfolio too.
So if you need another head, I'd gladly roll mine your way.

Sounds like a good idea, I'm always open to projects like this and working as a team. Something which I feel slightly isolated from in my current workplace. I think something like this could work well in a portfolio too.
So if you need another head, I'd gladly roll mine your way.

That's great, another head is always welcome :icon_biggrin: Great to have you aboard. I think it would be great for portfolio work. It's definitely beneficial to have an interesting story behind the work.

I have a few ideas on things to do for this, but all suggestions are welcome. I'll be in touch hopefully by the start of the week to let everyone know my suggestions (really busy this weekend). One thing that could be useful is to know what everyone is more skilled at. I'm kind of an all-rounder and more directed at the print end. Fave app would be Illustrator.

Sounds great, look foward to hearing from you.

Fave App would be Dreamweaver, although I'm comfortable with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.

Chris

Great, I look forward to it.

I'm familiar with the Adobe suite and Quark, and will soon be attempting to get to grips with a 3D program in the shape of lightwave, 3DS Max or cinema 4D. I'm going to flip a 3 sided coin.

I'd say I drop into the category of favouring vector based graphics, although I'm frequently experimenting with photo manipulations and new styles in photoslurp.

Before I contribute any ideas, I think I will see what you have planned, then base them on that. :icon_wink:

This sounds interesting, could the forum see the final outcome when it's done?:icon_smile:
Yes I don't see why not. Hopefully things will work out OK, but I am asuming we will post a link to anything we do since this is where it started :D

Just a quick post to everyone who is on board for the adventure. I am just finishing writing a plan out with my suggestions. I shall be contacting everyone later tonight about this.

Speak very soon
Lynne

Ok I think we have 4 or 5 people in total who want to do this collaboration project. If I need any more I shall let you know. I would like it to develop into a bigger project with more people so keep in touch if your interested. It'll be fascinating to see how it turns out with our first project.

Take care Lynne

----------------
Now playing: Green Day - Shoplifter (Non-Album Track)
via FoxyTunes

Time for another project???

Hello everyone.

I started this a little while ago and wanted to start-up another project. This post is just to find out who would be interested in starting another project with me. I have the idea sorted I just need people!!! Preferably 10 people. It will be a typography based project this time (basically everyone will get a number 0-9 and design their number however they want based on the brief we setup).

The only things I ask is that people are willing to communicate and commit a little time to complete the project fully.

The idea is to produce some artwork that everyone can be proud of and have a story to tell future employers. We can then help each other out by inspiring the people involved and using constructive crit to gain experience in handling each situation.

Anywho, let me know if your interested.
Regards, Lynne x

1st (Current) colaboration: This has not quite been completed but things are coming to an end :icon_smile:
Graphic Design Forums and Website Design Forums (UK) - Earth, wind and tyres!

Rosscolfc, you can't fool us into thinking you're two different people with two posts. Honestly... :icon_wink::icon_biggrin:

I would very much like to be a part of this project, if you'd have me after the last one.:icon_blushing: (which has just reminded me, I have something to do, and quickly).

Rosscolfc, you can't fool us into thinking you're two different people with two posts. Honestly...
I would very much like to be a part of this project, if you'd have me after the last one.:icon_blushing: (which has just reminded me, I have something to do, and quickly).

lol !!!! :icon_lol: and of course your welcome to join (even if you've been skiving lately! :icon_tongue_smilie:)

I'm also interested too, if your not already swamped with offers?

That's great news rosscolfc Welcome!!! I'll be in touch soon. As of yet that's a huge total of... 3 people (rosscolfc, NeedforBleed and myself! Pickles)

There are seven places available everyone!​

Just bumping this for those who might be interested. I know it's not great forum etiquette, but you can ban me later.:icon_tongue_smilie:

It's a great way for those who come onto the boards looking for a fictional brief, to create something. For the last collaboration, Pickles created a fine pdf with some detailed goals. So if you're after portfolio stuff like me, it's worth a stab.:icon_wink:

Back