Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web Designer Logo

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by John White, Jul 13, 2016.

1. John White

John White New Member

I am a web designer / front end developer and I am currently doing a re brand for myself. I have come up with a couple of options and would love to get some feedback on what works best or possible improvements?

Thanks in advance.

jdwhite-logo-1.png jdwhite-logo-2.png
  2. John White

John White New Member

3. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Second one. It's cleaner and has a better footprint. The first has a bit too much going on with the overlaid shape.
  4. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

2nd one.

Think about the colours you're using. You have a blue, another blue, and a black, in those there triangles.

That's 3 colours. Then the grey text, this makes 4 colours.

If this had to be printed on to a pen, 4 colours would be very expensive. (or an umbrella)
  5. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Definitely the second one.
  6. bonsdes

bonsdes Member

Prefer the simplicity of 1. Des 2 the 'W' is over complicated to me…doesn't say anything about the business? If you take the cross bar
    off the first part you get a clearer W plus - tenuously its 2 ticks…one for 'design & one for 'development' Yes, cliched.... Yes, I've too much time on my
    hands…someone give me some work…ooohh…Tipping Point….

Attached Files:

Tarling Design likes this.
  7. John White

John White New Member

Thanks @bonsdes. the 'w' very loosely can be broken into two parts with the first part being a J and the two parts together being the W. This is not meant to be instantly clear or anything just a subtlety that maybe some people pick up on.
  8. John White

John White New Member

@hankscorpio Im not too concerned with print costs right now just what visually works best. It will most likely be used in digital format anyway.
  9. bonsdes

bonsdes Member

Ok John..I see what you're saying…poor old 'D' will be feeling left out then! :)
  10. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Yes, and I hear that on a daily basis. No problem for digital. Your format is easy enough to strip back to 1, 2 or 3 colours anyway. Always good to keep future print costs in mind.
  11. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

All I can say is I seem to be seeing that 'stylised' W from the second design from the first post popping up everywhere at the moment. Same goes for the double tick version.
  12. Tarling Design

Tarling Design New Member

I agree the second one is better - and the W looks a little overworked - What @bondes said could work!