Web Designer Logo

John White

Hi

I am a web designer / front end developer and I am currently doing a re brand for myself. I have come up with a couple of options and would love to get some feedback on what works best or possible improvements?

Thanks in advance.
John

jdwhite-logo-1.png jdwhite-logo-2.png

Second one. It's cleaner and has a better footprint. The first has a bit too much going on with the overlaid shape.

2nd one.

Think about the colours you're using. You have a blue, another blue, and a black, in those there triangles.

That's 3 colours. Then the grey text, this makes 4 colours.

If this had to be printed on to a pen, 4 colours would be very expensive. (or an umbrella)

Prefer the simplicity of 1. Des 2 the 'W' is over complicated to me…doesn't say anything about the business? If you take the cross bar
off the first part you get a clearer W plus - tenuously its 2 ticks…one for 'design & one for 'development' Yes, cliched.... Yes, I've too much time on my
hands…someone give me some work…ooohh…Tipping Point….

Attachments

• jdwhite-logo-2b.png
    jdwhite-logo-2b.png
    13 KB · Views: 7
Prefer the simplicity of 1. Des 2 the 'W' is over complicated to me…doesn't say anything about the business? If you take the cross bar
off the first part you get a clearer W plus - tenuously its 2 ticks…one for 'design & one for 'development' Yes, cliched.... Yes, I've too much time on my
hands…someone give me some work…ooohh…Tipping Point….

Thanks @bonsdes. the 'w' very loosely can be broken into two parts with the first part being a J and the two parts together being the W. This is not meant to be instantly clear or anything just a subtlety that maybe some people pick up on.

@hankscorpio Im not too concerned with print costs right now just what visually works best. It will most likely be used in digital format anyway.

Yes, and I hear that on a daily basis. No problem for digital. Your format is easy enough to strip back to 1, 2 or 3 colours anyway. Always good to keep future print costs in mind.

All I can say is I seem to be seeing that 'stylised' W from the second design from the first post popping up everywhere at the moment. Same goes for the double tick version.

Back