Stickforlife.co.uk - Branding

chrismitchell said:
not liking the green background personally on that mock up.. would do better with a light red (really going into more white than red) to be a tint of the sticks in your logo.. but thats just my personal opinion :)

agreed boii.

yeah well close.. think pastel colours in my opinion.. go away from the striking bold colours.. go for a nice pastel red, blue, green, brown.. something like that :)

http://www.ne14hockey.co.uk/new_design.php

A few bits to finish like the header links etc and the ajax box and the bottom 5-6 panels but apart from that I've managed to implement a lot of it today.

It really has skinned well over the old design, in fact I haven't had to change any of the old structure at all just had to add the parts in the main content but even that was about 80% of the existing code :) well chuffed.

the logo is too small and therefore the branding elements doesn't work. The tabs are just bad navigation distractions poorly positioned.

the logo looks jagged, the menu is too small (and I question the need for all the links, some could be linked together under a combined heading) and to me it seems cluttered

sorry

Haven't read this topic so I don't know anything about this project (which gives me a different perspective) and looking at that poster, I don't really understand what its promoting. What record is going to be broken?

completely agree with Levi... Far too much text for a poster... :(

if this was a double sided flyer then it might work as you could get focus details on the front and the more detail on the back. But as a poster, lots of info is a no go.

Right... you see I went for a poster because these need to be printed off by people using them so I can't expect them to print of 20 double sided leaflets, I can't afford to pay to have them printed and send them out to folks to display them/hand them out.

How would you improve the poster? The world record attempt is for the Longest Outdoor Field Hockey Match Marathon (currently around 30hrs).

ralphsaunders said:
Haven't read this topic so I don't know anything about this project (which gives me a different perspective) and looking at that poster, I don't really understand what its promoting. What record is going to be broken?

I agree...

A poster is about information, distilled into instant bite sized nuggets. There has to be a hierachy of information. You don't have that here, everything is the same weight and level of communication. You must create your visual priority hierachy and communicate the event. It can't be a flyer as well. A poster is read from distance and that information is visaully scanned and assimilated and indexed. A flyer is viewed close ranged and has more dwell time.
Poster: 3 main elements - What it is, Where it is, Date & Time it is. That is the information needed. ie 24 hour Party in the Park, Newcastle, Saturday 17th Dec 12.00. Then layer the rest of information under the main triggers.

Remember - By trying to say everything, you end up saying nothing - BBBoL

NE14HOCKEY said:
Right... you see I went for a poster because these need to be printed off by people using them so I can't expect them to print of 20 double sided leaflets, I can't afford to pay to have them printed and send them out to folks to display them/hand them out.

How would you improve the poster? The world record attempt is for the Longest Outdoor Field Hockey Match Marathon (currently around 30hrs).

You know what, I've got a few rejected layouts that with a little tweak should work fine for this. PM me your email.

hey Simon :) thats much better in my opinion :) nice and clean and simple to read :) easy to get the point across :)

much better but where's the focus? what am i supposed to look at straight away?

why is there a vibrant red but then boring old black and white?

and where are there 4 fonts with little or no order as of placement?

Back