Stickforlife.co.uk - Branding

G's - I'm not used to seeing so many replies so soon - forgive me if I don't answer all the questions etc

I'm using photoshop 7.
I've not set my heart on just Cancer. I'm running a World Record Attempt for the Longest outdoor hockey match next June and all proceeds are going to CRUK.

The heart was more there because its connected with NE14HOCKEY which is aimed at anyone with an interest in or passion for field hockey.

The reason I went with blue and green is because race for life was pink and blue, yellow is harder to work with so green was the obvious choice (or so I thought).

Sure any help anyone can give me would be great. Greg yours look cool how would you fit the whole logo into the header of the site.

I need to design the site once I have a final logo sorted.

I thought I would ask for opinions on the NE14HOCKEY website as this forum does seem to be full of very talented/friendly people.

Is there anyone that would have a spare hour to try and fix it for me?

I've had a look at thos greens you suggested glenwheeler and they do make a difference don't they.

Would you say this was an improvement?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 600_1.jpg
    600_1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 62
For me you're overly relying on the stroke.

Something simpler like Gregs idea works much better in my opinion, but it's your call :)

You maybe right but after the first wave of posts everyone seems to have lost interest and I can't expect or rely on other people to do it for me. Its nice when it happens but I don't want to get lazy :)

NE14HOCKEY said:
Sure any help anyone can give me would be great. Greg yours look cool how would you fit the whole logo into the header of the site.

I need to design the site once I have a final logo sorted.

I would look to design the site/header after the logo is finalised, so the site design would develop from the identity, as you said yourself. From a very quick thought, it would probably be aligned to the left side with navigation running to the right, but it's a million dollar question without knowing the site content & structure and then getting the pens & paper out :)

NE14HOCKEY said:
Would you say this was an improvement?

attachment.php

No........ More clutter. More confusion.
There's a lot of experienced bods on here. When they offer advice and direction to give you a quick remedial fix, you still steer your own course, they will switch off as they are never going to get thru. Effort and Result are two different things. Always find the shortest route to a solution. You've found it but you aren't using it. That's not good business parctice.

NE14HOCKEY said:
Would you mind if I play around with a site design based on your logo?

No, of course not, feel free to do what you like with those, if you PM me your e-mail I can send you the files so you can modify them as you need to :)

Right well please let me know what you think to the mock-up.

I think the side panels still need some work, although the effect is the same as the heading, the smaller size makes it look darker so I need to take a cross section of the header lower down and reduce the grey in the box. I will be adding more mock-content in but wanted to post this before I hit the sack.

The only thing taken straight from the arsenal site is the menu, everything else has been reproduced from scratch, I know it looks similar but as I said it isn't finished I merely used it as a starting point.

TIA

not liking the green background personally on that mock up.. would do better with a light red (really going into more white than red) to be a tint of the sticks in your logo.. but thats just my personal opinion :)

chrismitchell said:
not liking the green background personally on that mock up.. would do better with a light red (really going into more white than red) to be a tint of the sticks in your logo.. but thats just my personal opinion :)

why in the world would somebody use an "annoying green BG" :confused:.................seems berry is liking it though :p

The image was posted with a green BG for one reason... so it wasn't red like the arsenal website.

I'll post a couple of variations in a tick.

This a more complete look, the sections at the bottom would be a series of links rather than a little paragraph. The box above the banner in the middle would be a small ajax box with 5 icons/panels that show little taglines for things like the PC Game, World Record attempt etc.

I removed the images from the previous post as they are obsolete.

h_freezy said:
why in the world would somebody use an "annoying green BG" :confused:.................seems berry is liking it though :p

I'm in Nice mode.........at the minute.........

Back