Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shropshire County Council Logo

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Looks like my local Council are after a new logo, it seems that they have also let school children submit designs, be interesting to see if any of them win or if they will just go for their in-house design teams concepts (think I already know the answer)

BBC NEWS | In Pictures | In Pictures: Council logo designs

2. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Some decent entries there, although the inhouse ones seem very traditional, rather then thinking outside the box.

3. pcbranding

pcbranding Member

Logo

Some shocking work in there! I like the overlapping wave elements, but the use of type is dreadful!
    The most complete logos look like they belong to a council department from the 50's!
    Now, if they'd asked me....!

4. Stationery Direct

lol, the problem in my opinion is that there are too many overpaid old folk in suits making the important decisions on things (I know this as my partner works for this council).

They tend to go for traditional/boring and I suspect only the traditional/boring 50's looking ones made it through to the elimination process. They probably chucked in a few of the kids designs to look like they are this forward thinking/modern/hip council, when it comes down to it one of the ones designed in-house will be chosen.

@ Paul, just taken a look at your websites, that's a very impressive client list you have there :icon_thumbup:

5. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

hahahaha. The Councils so called Design Team suck!!

6. Helen

Helen Member

The kids designs are by far superior. Shame on the old farts in the design team.

7. dot design

dot design Member

What a shame, the use of tired old coat of arms logos that mean nothing to anyone still exists and are being used here. The school kids logos are far better than the designers attempts.

Why not take the opportunity to create an exciting logo that can make everyone proud of the county, a missed opportunity I fear!

Shame:icon_thumbdown:

8. Stationery Direct

Just been advised by my partner that they already chose a winner a while back.

Just as I thought, they went with this :icon_yucky:
    [​IMG]

9. dot design

dot design Member

Like I said, wasted opportunity....

10. dot design

dot design Member

I take it back, I do love the green bit of sick on it... but that's it:icon_lol::icon_lol:

11. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Very good Boss :icon_biggrin:

12. Helen

Helen Member

What a shame......they had an opportunity to have something different. And went with.............that!

13. Steve

Steve Member

haha I had to look at it twice - I thought the green was part of the logo. Penny dropped eventually.