Shropshire County Council Logo

Some decent entries there, although the inhouse ones seem very traditional, rather then thinking outside the box.

Logo

Some shocking work in there! I like the overlapping wave elements, but the use of type is dreadful!
The most complete logos look like they belong to a council department from the 50's!
Now, if they'd asked me....!

lol, the problem in my opinion is that there are too many overpaid old folk in suits making the important decisions on things (I know this as my partner works for this council).

They tend to go for traditional/boring and I suspect only the traditional/boring 50's looking ones made it through to the elimination process. They probably chucked in a few of the kids designs to look like they are this forward thinking/modern/hip council, when it comes down to it one of the ones designed in-house will be chosen.

@ Paul, just taken a look at your websites, that's a very impressive client list you have there :icon_thumbup:

What a shame, the use of tired old coat of arms logos that mean nothing to anyone still exists and are being used here. The school kids logos are far better than the designers attempts.

Why not take the opportunity to create an exciting logo that can make everyone proud of the county, a missed opportunity I fear!

Shame:icon_thumbdown:

Just been advised by my partner that they already chose a winner a while back.

Just as I thought, they went with this :icon_yucky:
Shropshire-County-Council-Logo.jpg

What a shame......they had an opportunity to have something different. And went with.............that!

haha I had to look at it twice - I thought the green was part of the logo. Penny dropped eventually.

Back