Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pantone's Colour of the Year!

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by Ian Bonner, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Ian Bonner

Ian Bonner Member

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Hate it.

It makes me think I need to adjust the gamma on my screen.

3. Ian Bonner

Ian Bonner Member

How can you have a colour of the year? I understand trends, I get that. But surely every job to its own? How do they come to the conclusion that its a favourite colour?!

4. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Best selling ink?

5. Ian Bonner

Ian Bonner Member

Surely though its just the job that dictates the colour? If thousands of new businesses started up with the word 'Blue' in their name the colour blue would be used to death!

6. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Yuk - hate orange! And when did Pantone start calling colours Tangerine Tango etc.?

7. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Has DINOROD been ordering print again? :icon_wink:

8. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

Personally hate it BUT I have noticed in 5 of my new customers wanting business cards they have all had orange within their design (to differing degrees)

9. matt

matt Member

[​IMG]

cough cough...

10. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

I quite like it. But then I guess I will. I live in Blackpool so see this colour plastered everywhere. So perhaps I don't like it but I think I do?

11. Katedesign

Still hate orange! (though it's OK in small amounts!)

12. Stationery Direct

Ha ha, orange is gone on the new design...which should be live in next few weeks (although been saying that for a year now lol)

13. Katedesign

Hurrah! (hang on that's too short a message?!!)

14. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

New design hey? Have you not done it through speculative competition, with a £25 Amazon voucher for the winning design? C'mon boss, keep with the times.

:icon_thumbdown:

15. Stationery Direct

Ha ha, funny, nope paid the going rate coz i'm good like that :icon_biggrin:

16. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

The one and only graphic design job paid for properly in the last year I bet. Haha.

17. liveslashdie

liveslashdie New Member

I quite like it. If I can I might try and slip it in my next job. See how it goes down...