Windows 7

I have had windows 7 for months with cs4 installed on it and it is wicked. ive had no problems and would recommend upgrading to it.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was asked if he wanted to upgrade to Windows 7.

He replied "I still love Vista, baby"

sorry had to be done

renniks said:
windows 7 actually takes 3 times longer to load up than vista ;)

according to certain benchmarks

the time taken to get the computer to be in 'idle' mode is about 3 times longer than vista once the desktop is reached, however if you're computer is of any decency you can use it well before idle state is reached

Are you kidding?...Vista was the worst OS since PC's started operating, Windows 7 is a great job well done in my opinion. The best thing since (some may sliced bread) but Windows XP.

It isn't the os which is slow to load, its all the bloat and 'preloader' apps that software seems to install these days, most of which seriously aren't needed.

Try disabling some of the main culprits like adobe acrobat and apple itunes stuff and you will notice a marked difference

Levi said:
It isn't the os which is slow to load, its all the bloat and 'preloader' apps that software seems to install these days, most of which seriously aren't needed.

Try disabling some of the main culprits like adobe acrobat and apple itunes stuff and you will notice a marked difference

Who was that aimed at Lev?...I will back up that!..Startup processes are the killers, like you said itunes and quicktime and all the other stuff people have running...MSN Messenger is another one..

no one in particular it was kind of backing you up so to speak, my vista install was pretty swift loading, then I started adding apps and it went to pot, soon solved that though with a quick msconfig :)

Again, that was according to certain benchmarks, I can find the article if you want :)
Vista was / is not that bad after SP1, and even before that it was just because it was released too early.
Definitely improved with 7 tho

I've not even witnessed the newness of Windows 7 yet. Though I've seen the ads: "everything just works!" ... should that really be a selling point? Surely we EXPECT that by now??

Still can't beat Windows 3.1 in my opinion. :p
Running from DOS 6 of course!

yeah apple's is "everything just works" but it wouldnt surprise me if microsoft had "borrowed" that

no windows 7 is I made this or something similar, playing on all the beta testers etc.

Ok maybe I paraphrased a little. But there is an ad emphasising some bloke's amazement that his home printer works with his work laptop...

they're trying to make it more home usage less business in their ads as far as im concerned...

#fail

It's probably to do with most big businesses buying bulk license versions etc and that ms are trying to make people who are likely to buy a new pc or upgrade the os aware of the new release, only techies keep upto date on everything like new os releases.

Personally I think microsofts ads are pretty poor effort but hey when you have something like 80-90% marketshare I suppose they don't worry too much. I also think apples I'm a pc/mac ad's are getting irritating, rather than selling the product which might be a better approach they're now resorting to the age old 'issues' to try and scare users over, the problem is most of those old issues aren't there anymore.

So this bloke is amazed that his home printer works with his laptop

....that'll be a PC user then...bless 'em.

Why didn't he get that 8 year old in the ad to help him out?

Hmmm I did think they were losing it when they kept mentioning the word "Vista" in the ads.
The thing with PCs is, most people have one. And the reason for that is, most people have one.

Oh one more thing: "I'm a free pizza!" - best bit from the whole ad campaign.

Back