Website for a look

rob@cystem

Hi All

Right ok, well I've launched a clients website and she is very happy with her website, so all in all that was what my main concern was, to ensure she was happy with the website. I too am happy with how it looks, however I would love some feedback from you guys.

This is my first clients website I've designed and I am really interested to see what you like and don't like, the client has already provided me with some pointers she doesn't like and were getting onto those this week. However if you would like to have a look the website address is:

Welcome to Mirelle Jewellery

Thanks - be gentle but truthful LOL

Hi,

It's not really my cup of tea, if I'm being truthful, the header/logo looks too big and I don't really like the font, also because you've set the wrapper as a percentage on your resolution it might looks fine, but on mine or bigger resolutions it looks too big.

A lot of things don't line up such as the images along the top, the links at the bottom of the page change size on hover, don't know if this was intentional, half of the text in the footer is in one place and rest in another, have a look at the image to see what I mean, is there a reason why the 'online shop' is not in bold?

Coding:

Dont use JPEGs, use GIFs and PNGs, you have two divs named 'textbit' which validators don't particularly like, and could potentially do some strange things with regards to styling, most of the other errors are to do with how you've embedded the flash, have a read here for more info A List Apart: Articles: Flash Satay: Embedding Flash While Supporting Standards .

Chris

Hello,
The balance of colour and white space is okay and the colours you've used make it a fun, bright site.

However, I'm afraid it just doesn't look like a professionally designed site. As per Chris 17 comments, the header is too big. The random transitions between graphics on the homepage remind me of a Powerpoint presentation. You could improve this by a gentle fade through which will give more of an elemnt of quality.

Also there is some styles that you've included within the body of your site which you would put into your style sheet. Sorry to put so much of a downer on it. Also try and use smaller graphics, they take a long time to load and I have a 7mb download speed.

For SEO purposes, try to place some of your keywords within the title of your page. But make sure they are relevant to the content of the page.

I'm sure you'll get there, keep plugging away. Are you teaching yourself?

Cheers

Andy
www.lighthousedm.co.uk

Hi Guys

Appreciate the feedback, we have only previewed the website on small sizes and mobile devices and the site looks great on those, however, I do take the pointers with what you have mentioned and we will get onto making the changes to the website.

I've been designing websites on and off for around 6 years now, I do still make mistakes however, I am a lot more confident with the work I complete for clients, I have done a couple of years freelancing before setting up my own website design business.

Thanks for the pointers were going to making changes to her site this week.:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Back