Website Feedback

rob@cystem

Hi Guys

Right couple of weeks my business launched a holding page for a client the client is ok with the design however I'm not to happy with it at all and I know it definately needs improving. I'd love to hear some constructive feedback please for the website.

I am thinking of altering the website today and start implement some web 2.0 bits and bobs i.e. rounded corner a lot more graphcis and a general more interesting color.

I'd love to hear your views.

The web address is: The Stone Man Ltd

Let me know please.

remember constructive

Hi,

It doesn't look good at all, sorry. It just looks as if it has no structure, everything seems to be all over the place. I don't like the colours, the images look a bit blurred and the logo looks like clip art (dont know if you did it, or the client already had it?).

Its hard to say what I would change because I would give it a complete overhaul, and down a different direction. Others might have some ideas.

Chris

Might be too late - But its very slow loading for me (pictures) so make sure they are saved to web and .gif

Seems quite 90's if I be honest, no real graphic touch because its just text and boxes I'm afraid.

Think it could be improved by making it a bit more modern, and it might just be my browser but it was out of line on the screen, so if it was more central it would look a bit more professional.

Good Luck! :icon_thumbup:

Might be too late - But its very slow loading for me (pictures) so make sure they are saved to web and .gif

Seems quite 90's if I be honest, no real graphic touch because its just text and boxes I'm afraid.

Think it could be improved by making it a bit more modern, and it might just be my browser but it was out of line on the screen, so if it was more central it would look a bit more professional.

Good Luck! :icon_thumbup:

Hi There

Again I agree, can I ask what browser you were using and the screen size please?

On second glance its only minimal to the right. But I'm using Firefox and my screeen is 19" I believe :icon_wink:

Website Update

Hi Guys

I have been spending the day on updates, the website is not yet finished and it needs to be optimised for different screen sizes and browsers however, I'd love to hear some feedback on the new layout?

Constructive please: Website address is: The Stone Man Ltd

Looks better than the other one :icon_smile:, still unsure about the background I would just go for a white background, but that can be difficult to get right.

It stil looks more like a flyer than a website. Personally I would have the images as the main focal point, making graphics out of the images with text overlayed.
You need more graphics on there, for instance how to get touch, 'contact for more details' - having a link to take you to the contact page etc.

I think that people on here are just too nice when critiquing so not to offend, sometimes the truth is much more constructive. To be honest if you posted this on any other design forum you would be ripped to shreds.

The original design and the one you showed earlier are poor if I am brutally honest, they look very amateur.

With regards to constructive feedback, really there are so so many things that can be improved, personally I would just employ a qualified website designer as I think the results will be much much better, sorry :icon_blushing:

What I don't understand is that you advertise yourself as a Website & Graphic Design Expert.

I think that people on here are just too nice when critiquing so not to offend, sometimes the truth is much more constructive. To be honest if you posted this on any other design forum you would be ripped to shreds.

The original design and the one you showed earlier are poor if I am brutally honest, they look very amateur.

With regards to constructive feedback, really there are so so many things that can be improved, personally I would just employ a qualified website designer as I think the results will be much much better, sorry :icon_blushing:

What I don't understand is that you advertise yourself as a Website & Graphic Design Expert.

The reason why I don't is because, I don't think I'm in a position to do so, I'm only 18 and just starting out, maybe in a few years, but certainly not yet.

Chris :icon_smile:

Hi All

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with some of the negative if I had my way I would change the entire structure of the website unfortunately the client has made it quite clear that he wants to keep the layout. The web page is a holding page for his main website.

There is still work to be done on the holding page as mentioned and unfortunately qualified or not sometimes a web designers hands are tied because of a clients wishes.

I wouldnt use web 2.0 or any other enhancements until you get the looks of this website right. Sketch it out on paper or look around at other peoples websites. Try looking on templatemonster.com for inspiration. I'm not saying copy but you can get a good idea of what looks nice. The colours aren't interesting and everything looks boxed up like some of the other commentors have said. However the "customer is always right" but there is no harm in influencing their decision, offer them some alternatives you have come up with, its in their best interests after all. If you are just starting out, you'll get better with experience if you stick with it. Research a little bit into Graphic Design, composition, layout, and using colour. You don't necessarily need to be good at drawing to be a Designer, getting an eye for design takes time. And the Design/Creative part of Website design is just as important as the building.

Back