SHOWCASE: Sketches, Doodles & Illustrations

Had some spare time so thought I'd try something in After Effects I'd had in the back of my mind.

BTW. Henderson's Relish is a spicy sauce made in Sheffield and "Reyt good on owt" means "Really good on anything"

HendosSpin.gif

May I try to show mine?:)

Attachments

• Fantasy world. Psychedelic..jpg
    Fantasy world. Psychedelic..jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Urban fantasy. Fantasy World. Illustration..jpg
    Urban fantasy. Fantasy World. Illustration..jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 5
*thread resurrection spell*

Hi guys, thought I'd share a bit of fun I had recently drawing this dwarf.
The original version was much more detailed, but the anatomy was way off and the more I tried to work into it the worse it got. So I scrapped it and focused on simplifying things dramatically. Here's the end result!

It's not for anything specifically, other than working in my own style (client work makes me forget how I draw after a while) and making things more stylised.

Attachments

• Jumping Dwarf Flash 1.jpg
    Jumping Dwarf Flash 1.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Jumping Dwarf Flash 2.jpg
    Jumping Dwarf Flash 2.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Jumping Dwarf Flash 3.jpg
    Jumping Dwarf Flash 3.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Jumping Dwarf Flash 4.jpg
    Jumping Dwarf Flash 4.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Jumping Dwarf Flash 5.jpg
    Jumping Dwarf Flash 5.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Jumping Dwarf Flash 6.jpg
    Jumping Dwarf Flash 6.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 8
Hey Jim, welcome back! Love the style. Photoshop?
Thanks Wardy. Yeah I still stick with Photoshop 99% of the time, never got comfortable using things like Procreate on an iPad. I'm sure this could work well in Illustrator as well if it was for something commercial.

Definitely. Yes, I'm the same with Photoshop. Is there an intermediate stage between 1 and 2?

Nope, I just made a lot of decisions at the inking stage.
Benefit of a personal project, no clean pencils needed for client approval :ROFLMAO:

A few more doodles for this guy. No idea if I'm going to actually do anything with the character or not. Maybe use him to fuel some social media posts?

1712053061240.png

Back