SEO Tips

Surely if you are offering SEO as a service you already know what is missing?

Can you explain the thought process behind not using any H1, H2 or H3 tags?

comic sans? :icon_crying:

Not in the know about SEO myself, but as Boss mentioned, surely you should know if you're offering it.:icon_confused:

Just out of interest, why do you have a live site with latin text on there under services? It would definately be a good idea to have heading tags purely because it gives definition to the pages.

What's the benefit in that though, if I came across this thread I wouldn't think...

"he sounds good at SEO, maybe i'll give him a ring"

Personally if I came to this forum because I was looking for a guy to do the SEO there would already be better options on here haha :) Not me though, I am not an SEO guy, just know the basics.

No disrespect to you or your business, but a) saying you offer SEO and then asking for help with it, is kinda weird. B) SEO is a bit of a con IMHO. Surely the usual stuff that most Search Engine Optimizers do should be the kind of things that is done as best practice when designing a site? Keywords. Correct formatting, content summaries, external links etc etc.

Most of this would get you a high rank in google as it is, unless of course you can find a way to get through Google's algorithm? Which I doubt.

Best Tips are:

- Keywords (But not too many).
- Correct formatting i.e. H tags etc.
- Content Summaries.
- Links to relevant external sites.
- Good, validate code.
- Good URL.
- Write good content, if you can't get a good writer to do it.
- Participate in Social Networking sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn etc.

The more "good" links to your site, the higher the rank you could achieve.

No disrespect to you or your business, but a) saying you offer SEO and then asking for help with it, is kinda weird. B) SEO is a bit of a con IMHO. Surely the usual stuff that most Search Engine Optimizers do should be the kind of things that is done as best practice when designing a site? Keywords. Correct formatting, content summaries, external links etc etc.

Most of this would get you a high rank in google as it is, unless of course you can find a way to get through Google's algorithm? Which I doubt.

Best Tips are:

- Content Summaries.
- Good, validate code.
- Good URL.

Spot on. The number of companies offering SEO at the minute is staggering. And I reckon about 1% of them actually know what they're talking about. The best tip is this: if a company's offering SEO and they're not in the top 5 when you google SEO in their area, then they aren't very good.

I get calls from 'SEO' companies all the time offering to 'Put me at the top of the Google listings for only £200 per month.' I always ask how? And the sales people at the end of the line get flummoxed and start talking about special algorithms and stuff. And then I ask which bit of the listings I'll appear in. And they say 'You know the bit above the actual listings?' What, you mean the SPONSORED LINKS? You mean you want me to pay you to get me a paid listing on Google? Are you joking? Usually that's when I hang up...

I get calls from 'SEO' companies all the time offering to 'Put me at the top of the Google listings for only £200 per month.' I always ask how? And the sales people at the end of the line get flummoxed and start talking about special algorithms and stuff. And then I ask which bit of the listings I'll appear in. And they say 'You know the bit above the actual listings?' What, you mean the SPONSORED LINKS? You mean you want me to pay you to get me a paid listing on Google? Are you joking? Usually that's when I hang up...

I think I know the company in question :)

No SEO company that is any good has to cold call. End of story.

There are many pitfalls when it comes to SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and I have known a number of people get quite obsessed in trying to get their websites ranking higher in Google, Yahoo and Bing, to name a few, but it really seems to be quality and not quantity that is important.

Personally I am pretty new to SEO techniques, tips and tricks but I have been doing a little research recently and found a neat little trick that can really help promote new traffic to your blog or website, especially as you seem to be interested in blog sites too.

Visit: http://www.blueflamedesign.biz/blog...ngine-rank-and-drive-traffic-to-your-website/http://blueflamedesign.wordpress.co...site-traffic-through-linking-blogs/trackback/

It may not be exactly what you are looking for but it's a start. Hope it helps.

Only offer something if you can deliver it the amount of times I have called someone for something and they don't do it in house.

It makes me lose all faith within that company!

with all due respect it would take some time to give you a full analysis on your seo. It also depends exactly what type keywords you want to rank for.

get all the wording you need to be indexed on your site, make sure your using title tags, use h1, nice description (not for seo but display in search result), make sure all your images are name with excellent keyphrases, get your test in there in alternate ive text and then make sure your offsite seo is invested.

offsite most important really.. get your site ranked.

some things you can improve but they are hardly noticeable really

home menu could be web design home (see...)

:icon_scared:

Best Tips are:

- Content Summaries.
- Good, validate code.
- Good URL.

i disagree - you can seo your site to your hearts content, but you will have many many competitors out there and you will NOT get high ranking for on-site SEO. It will get you in the correct search result, but NOT highly ranked

Back