Right click protect

spanner1105

Hi All
Im pretty new at this web page design and hence the reason I joined this forum.

I need some help with a problem regurding Right click protection on a gallery where I have placed a lot of my Photographs I does not really bother me that people can right click and save them as most of them are from like holidays and the people I met.

I have put the right click protectin on my Web Page but I dont know how to put it on were my Photo Galleries I am with one.com and they have a Photo Gallery option that you can put your photgraphs in this saves hours of uploading and organising them on the Web page.

I used this command on my web page :

<META HTTP-EQUIV="imagetoolbar" CONTENT="no">
<script language="JavaScript">
function noRightClick() {
if (event.button==2) {
alert('You may not right mouse click this page.')
}
}
document.onmousedown=noRightClick
</script>
<STYLE>
BODY, TD, P {font-size: 12pt; font-family: times new roman, times, serif}
H1 {font-size: 26pt; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal}
H2 {font-size: 18pt; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: normal}
H3 {font-size: 16pt; font-weight: normal}
H4 {font-size: 14pt; font-weight: normal}
A {text-decoration: none}
A:hover {text-decoration: underline}

my web address is Ken Leigh L.R.P.S. PHOTOGRAPHY AT ITS BEST

If you look at it go into the photograph section and general you will see the photo gallery and perhaps understand what I am trying to say !!!!

Much appreciate any help

Regards

Spanner :icon_thumbup:

Hey Spanner

You are wasting your time, there are lots of ways of doing this with javascript etc, however, anybody with a half decent amount of knowledge can get around them. (Unless some other way that works 100% has been developed, anyone?)

Don't personally know of anything, however, do a search on google for "right click protect java"

P.S: Get your website re-designed professionally as it's not looking very good (no offence), what you require will not cost much at all, alternatively try a wordpress website...free, easy to update, lots of skins available and it will look much more professional than what you currently have.

Hope that helps :icon_dunno:

Boss Hog is right. Javascript can just be disabled and people can still download your pics. The only way to put people off downloading them is to put a faint watermark on them.

Hey Spanner

You are wasting your time, there are lots of ways of doing this with javascript etc, however, anybody with a half decent amount of knowledge can get around them. (Unless some other way that works 100% has been developed, anyone?)

Don't personally know of anything, however, do a search on google for "right click protect java"

P.S: Get your website re-designed professionally as it's not looking very good (no offence), what you require will not cost much at all, alternatively try a wordpress website...free, easy to update, lots of skins available and it will look much more professional than what you currently have.

Agree with what Boss said, there are lots of ways to get around it, maybe watermarking your photos could be a better alternative like JMCDesigner said.

Chris

Hey Spanner

Hi Boss Hog

Thanks for the advice I have done searches on google for Days on End it is not the right click protect I was after I have that it was how to put it into were my photos are in the photo gallery on one.com any way ! I bought a web page from allwebdesign a while ago but have not had chance to sort it all out yet.
As I said I am a photographer not a web designer (not bad for a beginner ! )he he I will try wordpress website and get my web page a little more professinal looking. I have a visual watermark program but I feel that watermarking photographs on the web spoils them But I do use it for my work.

Regards

Spanner

You will also want to block access to the folder where your images are and also look at stopping hot linking.

At the end of the day though there are multiple ways to get your images, couple of really simple ones:- use page info in FF media tab and download them via there or use print screen & paste.

You are wasting your time trying to stop it, therefore as others have mentioned watermark is a better option.

You'll find the kind of Javascript you are looking for here. But as everyone is saying, it is little protection, if people want your images they'll get them, even if they have to disable their own Javascript to do it.

You'll find the kind of Javascript you are looking for here. But as everyone is saying, it is little protection, if people want your images they'll get them, even if they have to disable their own Javascript to do it.

Hey John

Thanks for the link I understand what you and the other people are saying but you had a little time to give me a link THANKS !!

I have upgraded my Web site now and going through the process of putting a visual Watermark on the Images but im sure I will get there !!

Regards

Spanner:icon_cheers:

Back