Resizing problem in Illustrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasim

Can anyone help me with a problem I’m having in Illustrator?
When I draw an outline like a square it looks fine, but when i resize it, the location of the whole shape moves too.

Here’s an example:

I drew a square using the Rectangle tool with an outline and no fill.
I duplicated it, moved it down and then resized it, but by resizing it the location also seems to move.

I made a very short video so you can see it in action. this has never happened before, maybe I changed some setting unknowingly?

Any ideas as to what is happening?

I have tried this. I already have the "Scale Strokes & Effects" unchecked and it still does the same thing.

I've just tried it and the left hand side of the path stayed aligned.
I also tried snap to grid and things but still the same and I couldn't replicate what you've got going on.

Thing is, in the back of my mind I do seem to recall having issues similar to this before.

When I find that Ai starts to twitch a bit I just go in and reset/delete my Ai preferences folder.

It means you need to reset some things as you like them again bit it sometimes fixes those bugs that don't make any sense.

I've just tried it and the left hand side of the path stayed aligned.
I also tried snap to grid and things but still the same and I couldn't replicate what you've got going on.

Thing is, in the back of my mind I do seem to recall having issues similar to this before.

When I find that Ai starts to twitch a bit I just go in and reset/delete my Ai preferences folder.

It means you need to reset some things as you like them again bit it sometimes fixes those bugs that don't make any sense.

Aah "reset/delete my Ai preferences folder" it worked. Thanks, coooool no more stress !!!

Also just found a short cut. When you start Illustrator to restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut, Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as you start Illustrator.

That affects the thickness of the stroke but hes on about the shape itself moving.

I'm using a fairly old version so mine doesn't do that, so I can't really add anything else.

This also affects the position - if you try it out - you will see the same thing happening.

Can anyone help me with a problem I’m having in Illustrator?
When I draw an outline like a square it looks fine, but when i resize it, the location of the whole shape moves too.

Here’s an example:

View attachment 6756
I drew a square using the Rectangle tool with an outline and no fill.
I duplicated it, moved it down and then resized it, but by resizing it the location also seems to move.

I made a very short video so you can see it in action. this has never happened before, maybe I changed some setting unknowingly?

Any ideas as to what is happening?
Which version you are using of Adobe Illustrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back