Potential? You tell me!

TheNoone

Ignore the web/address they are fake and ficticious

This is purely expiremental. Any Feedback is appreciate.

What would you change etc.

Cheers!

critiqued.jpg

3 typefaces, too much?

Last edited:
Hi, The logo looks a bit too bland and boring for me, what was the reason for choosing yellow? With a bit of tweaking it could be good, I would loose the image of the cherry or move it because you can hardly see it, and on the business card it looks a bit 'clip artish'.

Business card if awful, no offense, you can't see the text on the back because of the yellow, and the front just looks like it took 2 minutes and no thought went into it.

What size is this? It looks a little oddly sized. Your text needs work, to give it some hierarchy and correct positioning. The business name is white cherry so why is the cherry on the reverse yellow? Can you explain a little more about where your design is coming from in this instance (market, aims of company, are there reasons for yellow as a choice etc?)

I have deleted the last 2 posts as I felt they were going in the wrong direction. This section is for constructive criticism and the forum description does say...

" if you do not take constructive criticism well please don't post in here."

If you don't like what somebody has to say then just say that you disagree and why, visiting somebody's website and picking faults with a piece of work from their portfolio after they have taken the time to critique is not on.

All friends again, come on guys :icon_rolleyes:

Thanks Boss Hog, TheNoone do you have some sort of brief that we can look at, it's quite important to say the least when designing a logo.

I would definately say use a much brighter yellow. Which should be ok with the stroke you have used. :icon_thumbup:

Sorry! boss hogg is right, I reviewed it and sorted out the errors, all my designs are currently experimental etc. I like the large stroke style. I suppose its suppose to represent a quite modern design, staying away from Times Roman etc, Like i said just experimental.

Anyway got "How to be a graphic designer , without losing your soul! So that should give me a heads up!

Cheers guys.
N
sorrry Chris!

i'd think about refining the type-face and brightening up the colours. you're on the right lines :icon_smile:

as for the business card i don't feel those fonts necessarily mix well, so 2 maximum in my opinion :icon_smile:

Sorry! boss hogg is right, I reviewed it and sorted out the errors, all my designs are currently experimental etc. I like the large stroke style. I suppose its suppose to represent a quite modern design, staying away from Times Roman etc, Like i said just experimental.

Anyway got "How to be a graphic designer , without losing your soul! So that should give me a heads up!

Cheers guys.
N
sorrry Chris!

Its ok :icon_thumbup: After a few different critiques and views from some of the more 'experienced' designers it'll become second nature, I'm still learning too.

What other stuff are you doing, web design? Logo Design etc.

Currently, Im trying to teach myself most elements of graphic design, Then when i go to uni, hopefully will bring out my style and persona.

Iv actually only been at it a few months, And find i enjoy doing it, I fall asleep thinking how i could of made things better, etc, Weird it sounds, i know, but if i could get a career out of doing something i really enjoy i will be a happy man!

But im hopefully going for logo's, web design, Product design etc.

Cheers
Kye

Needs alot of work Kye but for saying that you are new to design then I can't knock it too much. Only thing I'd say is simplify, simplify, simplify, do you need 3 different typefaces on a business card?

The colour could be improved as its abit 'dirty' yellow at the moment, could it be abit more curvy, friendly?

hi

Hi,

I like the logo as it's simple, but I think the cherry should be more prominent.

I think that the colour is a little pale, would be better in a colour that catches the eye more, maybe something warm like red.

I think that it would be better to use 2 typefaces.

It has potential !

Back