Opinion/suggestions for first timer please !! :)

Sorry to butt in with your mutual 'activities' :p Got more versions, this time with some input from a relative who IS a 'proper' designer.. So, I'm going with one of these, preferences/ comments? (Don't be too harsh, I'm still in counselling over your first set of comments :rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    300.2 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 11
We 'were' having a bit of a moment there Stoo but as you must interrupt then I'll happily put in my two penneth. ;)

Personally, (although I think they could do with a little more work) I think they're light years ahead already.
I'm liking the colours although I'm a self confessed orange junkie.
I'm more in favour of the first one and I like how the 'ribbon' is interwoven.
I see a lot of improvement here.

BTW. Not poking fun or anything but that bit about having "a relative who IS a 'proper' designer" is a bit of an in joke in the design industry. :D

"Are you going to do it in Microsoft Word.. My friend says.." :D:D:D Brilliant ! I've been my families 'computer guy' forever and I get much the same..
And yes, I'm preferring the first one, Thoughts on the shear at the top of the 4 and D being at the same angle? Ni tried it, but I thought different looked better.. Is that design-y? And no, I didn't use word :p

As it stands, there's just a technical niggle with where the bottom of the 4 hits the bottom of the d.
Might be a screen thing but they just don't seem to be on the 'exact' curve of the d (if you get my drift).

Did you use the Pathfinder tool to do that?

...also. The end of line on the circular part of the d.
The angle (I think) should be vertical and not slightly off as it's a bit distracting to the eye.
It's often best practice to try and get that to line up with something else such as that bottom part of the 4.
The bottom (down stroke) of the 4 might also benefit from being lined up with the centre of the circle part of the d?

I see the glitch, will sort that.. I originally tried the alignment you suggest, top of the D following the downstroke on the right hand side of the downpiece/bottom of the 4.. Honestly, just didn't seem to please the eye as much, kind of too perfect if that makes sense.. ? Will also have a play with limit up the 4's downstroke with the centre of the d, if I can keep the left slope in proportion/distance ..

Thanks Scott, at least we are 'tweak this and that' stage rather than 'stop !!! Your burning my eyes !!' Type comments :)

I see the glitch, will sort that.. I originally tried the alignment you suggest, top of the D following the downstroke on the right hand side of the downpiece/bottom of the 4.. Honestly, just didn't seem to please the eye as much, kind of too perfect if that makes sense.. ? Will also have a play with limit up the 4's downstroke with the centre of the d, if I can keep the left slope in proportion/distance ..

Thanks Scott, at least we are 'tweak this and that' stage rather than 'stop !!! Your burning my eyes !!' Type comments :)

Btw Scotty, just looked at iamscotty.com and fair play sir, your work is frickin' amazing.. :eek:

I appreciate your input and willingness to help someone like me. I've used PC's since THE IBMPC !, and mucked about with Jasc Paintshop Pro, raytracing software (Anyone remember POV-Ray?!!) and been pro DTP'r for a while etc so no stranger to throwing a mouse (lightpen on Amstrad 464 lol) etc around, but am as artistic as a brick.. I think I have a running start on actually using and understanding the software, but I also know how to hold an artists brush, doesn't make me Rembrandt !! I think you lot have made me come to terms with that, and the difference. Etween first and latest logo's shows the difference a bit too f pro input can make

Appreciate everyone's advice very much, and honesty is less of a kick than knowing you have to live with a shit logo :)
Thanks guyso_O

You flatter me Sir. (Giggle, Blush).

You're very welcome.
In all honesty what you've arrived at is a rather decent logo from where you started and in a very short amount of time.
Not saying it'd win a D&AD award but then again, I've not got one of those either. ;)

As a non-designer I think you've done something that's pretty much off the scale and you should be quite proud of yourself there.

Ok, hopefully final edit !! Made the adjustments you suggested.. I think sometimes adjusting is harder than creating :mad: but got there in the end !

Passable now ? Scotty? Anyone? :rolleyes::D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 8
You're most welcome Stoo.

Be sure to drop by an show what you've done with it and maybe share some of that UAV footage. :D

Back