Old face with a brand new site..

Logopro

Well hello again!

For the last few months I've been totally wrapped up in other projects within LogoPro so I've been pretty quiet on here recently. I hope you're all well! :icon_smile:

Just thought I might show the fruits of our labour over the time I've spent away. LogoPro has had a complete facelift and is now working on regaining lost ground in google.

So I thought I'd give you lot a chance to have a look over it and give some constructive advice/critisism.

Logo Design 18th April 2011 Online logo portfolio by Logo Designer

Will be a bit more active on here in the coming weeks, providing I'm not bogged down in the backlog :icon_rolleyes:

Thanks everyone!

Alfie

Your copy needs serious overhaul. "For the business who want the works" is going to make most people hit the back button whether they know why or not, and I found a couple of other nastinesses within 20 seconds of visiting your site. Just because you're visually oriented doesn't mean you can afford to neglect the words.

The copy is a bit fluffy around the edges, this is why we have this website critique so I can get some feedback from real people who use the site.

"For the business who want the works" is I'll agree, an awful sentence and I'll attempt to find something else to fit in there.

Anything else you can bring my attention to John?

Just because we're live doesn't mean we can't still work on it does it? Even with the copy we have now it's far better than what was there before - Logo Design | Logo Designers | Custom Logos Corporate & Business making it live was a matter of urgency imo..

Having had a quick look at a few pages, it looks very text-heavy. I also wonder if you're not offering too much in the way of information; as a site visitor, I'd prefer an immediate, positive visual impression and headline detail which would prompt me to get in touch - as it is, there's far too much for me to bother trawling through.

As I say, I've only looked at a few pages but that's all I could really take.

The copy is a bit fluffy around the edges
Nice way of putting it, yes - it's more fluffy than out-and-out awful. Which means you're losing the opportunity to put your message across effectively.

Anything else you can bring my attention to John?
I'll refrain because I am not a copywriter or editor, my analysis would not be especially helpful, you need a pro.

It looks a bit to me like a retail outlet, with all the offerings and prices included but hey, what do I know, maybe thats what people prefer now.

^ That may be, but any input is good input!

@Dave L: the information is there for people who have doubts. you don't read it if you're not interested.

Do hear you though...

Edit: @garlex: All the information in one place. we're an internet service not a full blown design agency

I think the home page needs to be more visual as it's lacking that factor for me! I would suggest including an example next to each of the 3 levels of logos that you offer, as that would be a lot more immediate to people rather than just text.

Logopro;25670@Dave L: said:
the information is there for people who have doubts. you don't read it if you're not interested.

I understand that but I'd make a distinction between having it available and having to plough through it. I'd perhaps think more in terms of a single top-level page for each bit with an in-page link to the detail for those who need it.

I understand that but I'd make a distinction between having it available and having to plough through it. I'd perhaps think more in terms of a single top-level page for each bit with an in-page link to the detail for those who need it.

I'll have a look into that :icon_smile:

Hi

The site doesnt fill me with confidence, it seems outdated and lacks the professional look visually and typographically. I agree with other comments about being too text heavy, it becomes quite hard to digest and doesnt make me want to continue through the site.

Just for a start it's annoying the hell out of me that there seems to be no apparent keeping to a grid - for example the left hand side of the logo could (and probably should) line up at least with the left hand edge of the "economy logo design" box.

I'm sure I'll be back with more :icon_wink:

Back