New logo idea...

My kid doesn't know songs yet, only silly sounds, like blowing a raspberry, thankfully. I'll have to give him a slap when he starts listening to 'Professor Green'.

We've got tix to go and see Professor Green in December. Imagine I'll be the oldest there... by about ten years!

I've realised that I've just started taking the mick out of the Professor without even having the decency to listen to him first. Should probably give him a whirl.

Hi,

If you're concerned about the red being too closely linked to bleeding blood rather than bleeding off a page why don't you change the colour to something that more accurately sums you up and add crops marks and registration marks to the design to emphasise the fact you are referring to a printers bleed as opposed to bleeding out? :) It would mean that you wouldn't be changing your logo completely, it would be a refresh as opposed to a redesign! You could also make it rectangular if that helps fix the issues you were having.

Hi,

If you're concerned about the red being too closely linked to bleeding blood rather than bleeding off a page why don't you change the colour to something that more accurately sums you up and add crops marks and registration marks to the design to emphasise the fact you are referring to a printers bleed as opposed to bleeding out? :) It would mean that you wouldn't be changing your logo completely, it would be a refresh as opposed to a redesign! You could also make it rectangular if that helps fix the issues you were having.

I disagree. Please do not do this. Crop marks and registration marks are so so so so overdone for printer based websites. They'd look even worse incorporated into an actual logo.

I understand your point about it being 'overdone' but just because something is apparently 'so so so overdone' doesn't mean that it can't work in the right situation and that it shouldn't be tried. Surely it's better to accurately convey what the product/service is than just discount an option because it's been done before.

With a company name that can be mistaken for a number of things perhaps adding a touch of obviousness is necessary. The problem you have is that if you don't explain clearly in your logo what you mean by bleed it becomes uncertain what it is you do. I have to be honest even as a seasoned designer I thought Bleed Ink referred to as a tattoo designer... and maybe you are in which case ignore everything I've said! :)

I'm all for standing out, and conveying what you actually do as a business, but I'm sure this chap wants people to visit him, ahead of everyone else. Well that isn't going to happen if his logo or his website looks exactly like everyone elses.

I dont think the red causes a major problem, you have the word ink in the name which will stop people associating the logo with blood.

I'm not a big fan of crop marks in logos, it is a bit overdone however there are very few new ideas these days. Most are just different variations of existing ideas. I do prefer the existing logo to the new one in this thread though, perhaps the original just needs tweaking rather than an entire new logo? no ideas yet.. my brain is worn out.. i'll be back with some suggestions.. whether you want them or not! lol :icon_biggrin:

Back