Magazine Redesign

boyse7en

I put together a mag, based on a grid that was setup previously (don't know who, its been the same for about 5 years) and although I've made changes to the layout over the last year, I'm a bit concerned about potential pitfalls from changing the layout totally. I want to bring the design a more contemporary feel, but it still has to maintain elements of the look and feel of the old design so that it looks familiar to consumers.

Anybody got any tips or can point me towards resources for a ground-up magazine redesign? Books, websites, whatever...

if you do a search for "grid systems in graphic design" on Amazon, there's a whole load of books that are
available, which would be pretty useful.

It might also be worth checking the archives of the Computer Arts website. I seem to remember an article on the subject not so long ago.

Hey,

Here are some websites, maybe they can help you with creating grids and what nots.
Good look on your magazine. I agree about looking at computer arts also look at other magazines
and see what works for them and what doesn't. Maybe get advice from someone who is not involved in your
project or design...

again good luck.

The Grid System

960 Grid System

Sarah

Anytime :icon_smile: I got them from another thread from this forum lol I dont remember which the
subject was tho...

Sarah :icon_tongue_smilie:

Back