Logo Redesign

IcarusAeon

Hampshire Environmental Services wish to rebrand as HES due to the addition of extra services and planned expansion and growth. They wanted a logo which maintained visual consistency with the previous design, but offered a bolder, more energetic image.

Existing Design
c99843586054cb069c2eafbd49310fea.png

To deliver on this brief we created a new, distinctive mark based upon conceptualised elements of the expanded services:
451627bfa6584c66aae493cb4b48dd4e.png

The elements abstracted into this new mark include a tick (to symbolise success and quality), an excavator machine arm and bucket (flipped to maintain the tick motif), and a conceptualised version of asbestos fibres viewed through the field of a phase contrast microscope.
The mark was also modified to include a reference to the winged helmet of the Greek God Hermes, in order to create a subtle connotation of transition, growth and the concept of delivery.

New Design
cf3f2c22d808e23e0920349cb4fa8fa8.png

e74ad2525f024f899331f1df8c35a289.png

Feedback will be very welcome. Thank You!

Really like it, very "bold" (literally) and contemporary. A good job incorporating the other features in to a single shape too.

Im not sure what the comment about kerning was and as the image is not displaying in your second I would guess it was about the space between e and s? If not I would move the S away from the E so that the top curve of the S is the same width apart as the gap between H and E as a minimum, it may need a little more.

I'm not personally a fan of the 'show your work' approach; a logo either stands up in its own right or it doesn't. I guess people work in different ways and the logo's fine as far as it goes but I find talk of a rigorous thought procees involving heavy plant, asbestos fibres and Mercury to be a bit of a turn-off, if I'm honest.

Back