First Critique Post!

Mmm...Still not sure

Hi People!

Poppy Rose 3 Items.jpg

After your advice (Some taken and some not, just because I don't have any time left to get this to client!) this is what has taken place.

I know it hasn't advanced that far or developed much, but she wants to see something tonight...thoughts...

I'd say the one at the top is the most accomplished (and has the advantage of meeting the brief font-wise). I think it could potentially be improved by re-positioning the flower/thread thing but I'd be happy presenting it to your client for comment as-is (I'd perhaps remove/rethink the thread loop at the end though as it adds unnecessary length and could be mis-read as a random 'e')

Thanks people!

Sent it to client and she is happiest with the top one, I've tweaked it and am giving her an option with a smaller button in place of the first o as well. Have just emailed it so should hear soon.

If anyone is still out there whats the best formats to send it in?

Thanks,

Eva

Depends, if you mean so she can't "nick" your design as is without paying then probably a low res jpeg with a watermark through it. If you mean as an end product (that she may use for print and web) then you should probably supply an eps, jpeg, png and likely a print quality pdf. But most clients will say "can I have it in...."

Yeah I mean as an end product (Im not getting paid as she is a friend or a friend and I wanted to practice on her!!). I dont think she wll know what she wants it in. Im not overly clued up on different file formats...at all really. I have to transfer it into photoshop to turn it into a jpeg? I couldnt seem to do it from illy. Do I have to do anything wierd or wonderful to change them properly?

Once agan, thanks, I've learned so much already! And sorry for my stupidity but we all start somewhere!

Cheers!

Eva x

Help again

Really struggling with font to go with lucida handwritting. Any advice, not that you haven't given me loads already lol!

Poppyrose-Gifts-font.jpg

I dont think the version with gifts in the same style works too well. I think its unbalanced looking. So Im trying to find a font to write gifts in but its not happening. I dont even know if the placing of it is right either!

Eva xx

I'd say the placement of the text is in the right place, it's just the scale/font to get right. I'll have a think on some fonts for you.

Second one down on the right works for me with a few changes.

Make the 'Gifts' text solid, not an outline.
Make the curves either side a solid line since you won't get the detail when it's small.

In general, try not to adjust the tracking (the spacing of the letters) too much because it will lead to ugliness and legibility issues.

Don't think I'd bother looking for a complementary font - just stick with the same one (probably in red).

I like the opposite one to the left to what Paul was saying too. I'd try it and red and yeah, sort the tracking out.

A bit of time later

Hi Guys.

I had another look at that logo and now have ended up with this..

Capture.jpg

Im really happy with it. I'd love to know if you think its been improved or messed to much? Im going to send it to client as it perfectly fits the brief. Technically it probably lacks a bit. But Im sick looking at it and want to get it away. The image could be really bad quality as its a screen snap!

Thanks in advance!
Eva x

Hi All,

I know this is an old post but I wondered if you could give me your thoughts, what looks wrong, what you would have done differently etc? This job has finished but wouldn't mind some feedback on the attached.
383389_237778009656190_237613776339280_337952_1441924017_n.jpg527568_237768942990430_237613776339280_337939_2130065017_n.jpg554457_237769766323681_237613776339280_337941_194338844_n.jpg

I like the 2nd image, but one thing i feel looks out of place is the capital letter at the beginning of each word in the sentence below?

I like the 1st image, however think you need to tweak the dotted line around the name... maybe try a thinner dotted line or changing the colour of dotted line or some how softening it? Apart from that it looks good.

I don't think it will be too popular with the others on this forum but I would be tempted to but a shadow under the name so it gave it a bit more of a raised image/look.

I think the basic Poppy Rose marque is okay but I personally would have left the fabric/needlework thing there rather than extending it across the whole piece: I think you make the point with the logo but it gets a bit lost among the extended effect.

The wording underneath the logo needs kerning... "So mething" and "So meone" - as someone say it's not usual (in the UK - it's an American thing) to use caps on the beginning of each word.

I like the whole logo though.

I'm with Dave it might even disappear the smaller the logo goes, it is hardly visible on the attachements above before zooming in?

Back