Designers - What's your favourite logo?

Eagle

I have two all-time favourites: Gatecrasher and Craghoppers. :)

craggate.jpg

Animal sillhouettes are the logos I love doing most but all I ever seem to get is eagles, funnily enough... and the odd cat and cow here and there!

secret-cat_logo.jpg

eastbourne-eagles.jpg

cow_logo.gif

Hope the pics are ok....

What's are your favourite logos?

I love the "An Organic Experience" logo above, very nice.

Not really thought about this before so after a quick look online, I like the....

WWF logo:

WWF-Logo.jpg

I think the Innocent Drinks logo is pretty good, with the halo and child like drawing it makes you feel that what they produce is going to be really good for you, even though they are full of natural sugar!

Innocent-Drinks-Logo.gif

I love this one which has an "M.C Escher" feel about it, really love Escher (& Dali), some of his designs really played tricks on your eyes!

Norah-Jones-Logo.gif

Not really thought about this before so after a quick look online, I like the....

WWF logo:

WWF-Logo.jpg

I think the Innocent Drinks logo is pretty good, with the halo and child like drawing it makes you feel that what they produce is going to be really good for you, even though they are full of natural sugar!

Innocent-Drinks-Logo.gif

I love this one which has an "M.C Escher" feel about it, really love Escher (& Dali), some of his designs really played tricks on your eyes!

Norah-Jones-Logo.gif

Thanks for info about logo design

Please tell me

WWF logo:

WWF-Logo.jpg

Innocent-Drinks-Logo.gif

Norah-Jones-Logo.gif

Hello,
Please tell me How we make a logo design?:icon_dunno:

I have to say FedEx is in there, but some of Raja's are very very impressive, he has a great mind!

fedex_logo-thumb.jpg

Hello,
Please tell me How we make a logo design?:icon_dunno:
Quite a broad question Sara.

To start you off, logo's are generally made in vector format, programs such as Adobe Illustrator offer this.

Last edited:
I also think that most of Raja's logos are excellent. Most have brilliant use of typography and solid ideas. I like the colours Raja has used too. With most of the logos you get the message immediately.

I don't think FedEx is that great though. It needs something added to it to signify a delivery business. It could do with re-designing. It looks old fashioned.

The Fire Fox one is brilliant but it could have been simplified more. I like it though. They've done well to incorporate a fox.

One of my favorite logos is the Mercedes-Benz logo. It has many associations but I see a steering wheel! Silver is a good choice for this logo as that is not likely to date quickly and has associations with technology and engineering. I like logos that have meaning and associations. The one's that are solely typographic date quickly especially if it's just a font like the Sony logo. The Nike one is another good example of a good logo. The swoosh signifies speed. Simple but effective and very good for printing because it's a solid shape. Shapes in logos add depth and if it's done in perspective it usually works really well.

Actually, the Stationery Direct Logo is a pretty good one advertised on this site. I can see the pile of papers and the colours are great. The green giving the company an association with the environment and trees!

Greg

Attachments

• mercedes.jpg
    mercedes.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 2
fedex_logo-thumb.jpg

I don't think FedEx is that great though. It needs something added to it to signify a delivery business. It could do with re-designing. It looks old fashioned.

:icon_eek:

Are you kidding?? The arrow is the best icon to denote delivery and placing it between the E and X is elegant simplicity at its best. The FedEx logo is pure genius!

:icon_thumbup:

(Apologies if you were indeed being sarcastic!)

fedex_logo-thumb.jpg

:icon_eek:

Are you kidding?? The arrow is the best icon to denote delivery and placing it between the E and X is elegant simplicity at its best. The FedEx logo is pure genius!

:icon_thumbup:

(Apologies if you were indeed being sarcastic!)
Agreed! FedEx is one of the best logos out there in my opinion.

Welcome to the forums by the way, 30two, feel free to introduce yourself here.

I gotta say these to are my favs

Attachments

• etnies_logo.jpg
    etnies_logo.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 17759_logo.jpg
    17759_logo.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 2
Sorry but I didn't see the arrow within the logo. It's a better logo than I originally thought but I still think that it could do with updating. Maybe it needs more perspective, for me it needs to say speed and delivery much more. The arrow is too flat, it needs to be more dynamic in my opinion. Maybe just the arrow could be in 3D. I think that would give the logo more depth and make the arrow more of a focal point.

Greg

Sorry but I didn't see the arrow within the logo. It's a better logo than I originally thought but I still think that it could do with updating. Maybe it needs more perspective, for me it needs to say speed and delivery much more. The arrow is too flat, it needs to be more dynamic in my opinion. Maybe just the arrow could be in 3D. I think that would give the logo more depth and make the arrow more of a focal point.

Greg

We'll agree to disagree on that one Greg. The subtlety of the arrow is what makes it a great logo for me. I think sometimes it's better to keep it simple and resist the urge to bling things up. The logo looks great on a letterhead, a uniform, a jumbo jet and even a ship. Truly scalable IMO :icon_biggrin:

Greg
Well, personally I think it looks very corporate and the subtle arrow is fantastic. Not all logo's need to say what their line of work is, but as 30two says, we'll agree to disagree :icon_smile:

For me it has to be the redesign for OGC (Office of Government Commerce), purely down to the fact NO ONE noticed what happens when rotated 90 degrees clockwise, untill it was on a wide range of printed pieces.

Attachments

• ogc_Logo.jpg
    ogc_Logo.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 9
Back