CushyCMS & heartinternet.co.uk...

bigdave

Does anyone have any experience of heartinternet's lockable FTP?

Im trying to set up a CMS for a client using CushyCMS for a site hosted buy heartinternet. It works great if you log into heartinternet, and unlock the FTP but once it locks again Cushy cant access it. There is an option available from within the FTP is to permanently unlock it to selected IPs but I dont know where I would find this information from Cushy and simply using my own IP doesn't help.

Anyone know how a fix for this?..

Cheers

Does anyone have any experience of heartinternet's lockable FTP?

Im trying to set up a CMS for a client using CushyCMS for a site hosted buy heartinternet. It works great if you log into heartinternet, and unlock the FTP but once it locks again Cushy cant access it. There is an option available from within the FTP is to permanently unlock it to selected IPs but I dont know where I would find this information from Cushy and simply using my own IP doesn't help.

Anyone know how a fix for this?..

Cheers

Hmm, would have thought that would have worked, have you tried these IPs for Cushy? 72.47.223.40 and 72.47.217.150

Last edited:
Glad to hear you've got this sorted out Dave.

I've used Heart Internet for the past 12 months and the FTP lock drives me mad - I'm constantly having to unlock it for clients.

Luckily the client has arranged her own hosting so once this site's finished and the CMS complete I dont need to have anything to do with it anymore (famous last words).

Ive been thinking about arranging a resellers package as I seem to be getting alot of basic web design requests and it'd be handy to bundle the whole package into one price... dont know if heartinternet will be my choice of host though...

Luckily the client has arranged her own hosting so once this site's finished and the CMS complete I dont need to have anything to do with it anymore (famous last words).

Ive been thinking about arranging a resellers package as I seem to be getting alot of basic web design requests and it'd be handy to bundle the whole package into one price... dont know if heartinternet will be my choice of host though...

I know this thread is fairly old now, but thought I would post anyway as I can't fault my hosts. There support is next to nothing. I have a reseller account and a VPS (vServer) with them.

I won't say they are the cheapest in the world but they certainly make up for it with their 100% dedicated support.

Link is below if you are interested:
UK Web Host, UK Website Hosting, Web Hosting Services UK - Clook Internet Services

Thanks for the link. with any luck my home studio should be up and running within 6 weeks (I'm just waiting for my desk and new iMac to arrive) and sorting a reseller account is top of the list of jobs to do!

Awesome, I just brought the 27" Quad core iMac... Never looking back now :) First mac though so taking a little getting used to. Enjoy it :)

I have my home office setup, although I work full time also lol.

Back