Company Logo Wanted - Quotes Welcome

I am not criticizing anyone directly because I agree that low prices / stock logo sites devalue all of our talents but these ARE tough times and clients look for the best deal they can get; equally if a designer is having a lean time of it is it not better to have private negotiations with a potential client to get some money in rather than none? Just as a quick example, when I was just starting out solo I did a small flyer for a company for a pretty modest fee from that I gained a regular client who now pays decent fees and always comes back to me as his first choice.

Ultimately very few clients understand the work that goes into logo design, the research, sketching, drawing up etc. We can all complain about silly, low prices but rather than lambast people we need to educate them :icon_cheers:

We all have bills to pay. I would personally use my time finding new work than wasting my time working for such a low rate. And you say its not the clients faultbut we have a situation here where a client is asking us to work it between ourselves to drive our quotes EVEN LOWER!

Its amazing how many designers are happy to make excuses for these clients. Boss Hog has even attached a thread to TRY to educate them but theres only so much you can do. The client will ultimately suffer here with an inferior logo being the eventual outcome. If this client wants to start a business working this way he will soon realise he wont get very far doing so.

I don't disagree with you, I just personally think it's a shame that this client seems to be bearing the brunt of all our frustration and criticism here.

I'm not defending him in particular or condoning low quotes I'm simply saying it happens - but we seem to be making an example of him in this thread which isn't particularly fair when so many people are chasing low prices.

I don't disagree with you, I just personally think it's a shame that this client seems to be bearing the brunt of all our frustration and criticism here.

I'm not defending him in particular or condoning low quotes I'm simply saying it happens - but we seem to be making an example of him in this thread which isn't particularly fair when so many people are chasing low prices.

No, it maybe because you have joined the forum recently but there has been A LOT of discussion of this subject, this being the reason why a thread was attached for posters to read before requesting work. This is not the first time that we have taken issue with it.

The client in this case has asked for us to fight it out between ourselves which I find completely wrong as the quote he was offered is far too low for others to lower their fees in the first place! It has pushed them out of the running, leaving only one candidate! Is that fair?!

No it's not fair but that's why I said these matters should be conducted privately.

Perhaps it would be better practice that nobody quotes any figures on these type of threads and all offers submitted by PM?

People offering such low quotes will always do it in public. That way it leaves them the only party left interested in the job.

When alls said and done, the client will suffer. But Ive got no sympathy in this case.

Its madness how much you guys have changed my option so much loved this site that i am new to sign in just as much as my email the last few days..

I am looking for a logo and i can see where your all coming from and if i had the cash i would gladly shell out £400 on someone that's will take time over there work and give me the best design.

I am a CAD Technician that was paid off during this recession and i am trying to get a repair company off the ground and a know that £30 is crazy but it give me something i can alter my self an idea that i can tweak.

As the days go on my respect for this forum is going down :icon_thumbdown:

MONEY is at the heart of most problems right now

See if i didn't get the offers i did i would have try my self or saved up for what ever price a went with.

You can blame me all you want but it is you guy that a work trusty.

and when i said that you all should work out between yourselves i meant to come up with a minimum charge for work on this forum make it £100 £200 , but don't blame me for the poor management of this site, you will drive people away in the long run as people don't like hassle when trying to by something.

Thanks for the good posts on here.

The rest of you are a joke go grow a set, find work so you don't have to scan page like this

if you all has so much work a bet this would be a different story you would be interested in wasting your time on me.

That is good that you said that nothing wrong in a bit of honesty.

You could be a customer wanting a repair done and feel this poster is not for you at all. I need to know this information.

Can you Give me more of why you fell like this about it. I am not a graphics designs so use language i know if possible.

Any one else feel the same ?

Thanks for your comment

Sorry it's taken me the weekend to put it in more depth.

It just looks very full on, in your face and amateurish in all fairness - I appreciate that you say it's just something you've knocked up yourself, but I think if I were to look twice at the poster it would have stood out for the wrong reasons.

The meshed background is stands out too much and ruins the content on top, a lot of the text used is too big, bold and with bevelling etc and then there's the logo which isn't great, it's too hard to read the text of which something akin to WordArt ought not to be used really.

Hope this helps though to some extent. :icon_smile:

This has become silly now!

You love the site and the work you've seen on it but you're not prepared to pay for it!

If you feel the need to alter or edit your logo, then you've wasted £30 on a logo! On a side note, I'd love to see exactly how you'll be editing your logo... If it's a vector (which it should be) you'll need illustrator to edit the file, that alone costs over £600!

All I can say is good luck in your plight to become a successful business, I hope you get there but I fear that with this attitude and determination to ignore the advice of people who actually know what they're talking about, you'll achieve very little.

The rest of you are a joke go grow a set, find work so you don't have to scan page like this

if you all has so much work a bet this would be a different story you would be interested in wasting your time on me.

This just about sums you up. We are a joke? You are the one coming on here wanting to use our professional advice / experience and then happily pay £30 for it. Don't you think that is a bit rich?

You say your callout is £20 - 40. Thats without doing any work. How about someone tells you that they won't pay your callout? Would that be ok? A MINIMUM PC repair is £20. So you are looking at a minimum of £40 for a single PC repair, half of which is callout, but you are happy to go with a 'designer' that is undercutting professional designers by charging £30 for a full logo design, and then to cap it off you believe that we are being unfair by complaining about it. Try halving ALL your prices for a couple of months then come back and tell us we are being unfair.

With all due respect, there are a core of designers on this forum that would not even get out of bed for such a ridiculous quote. You seem to be upset that we are not willing to all pitch in with a quote. What you have done is alienate the real, professional designers on this forum by saying that you have a budget and are struggling. I would bet, and please someone, pull me up on this if I am wrong, that there are a few designers that would work with you to see what they can offer you with the budget you have. Unfortunately, I think you're at the point of no return there. You will unfortunately suffer, as will your business.

I have never quoted a job posted on this forum. Mainly because they are people like you looking to get something for nothing. There are graduates and people starting out in design that would have completed a good job for you. Unfortunately, you want the cheap option. We had a big discussion within this forum a few months back, and a post was put on the job tenders section advising posters about how to approach issuing tenders. Maybe you didn't read it but you should because you might learn something.

This has become silly now!

All I can say is good luck in your plight to become a successful business, I hope you get there but I fear that with this attitude and determination to ignore the advice of people who actually know what they're talking about, you'll achieve very little.

bigdave said:
Hi,

My advice is if you're not prepared to pay the going rate, don't waste your money on a £30 logo! Go to the local college and ask their design students to do it for free!

So you said that I'm determined to ignore the advice of people who actually know what they're talking about.

But then in a message say you advise is don't waste your money on a £30 logo! Go to the local college and ask their design students to do it for free!

now who is missing the point of all this. :icon_clapping:

So you said that I'm determined to ignore the advice of people who actually know what they're talking about.

But then in a message say you advise is don't waste your money on a £30 logo! Go to the local college and ask their design students to do it for free!

now who is missing the point of all this. :icon_clapping:

What they are saying is the majority of designers on this forum are professionals who will want more than the quote you are prepared to accept. If you want a half decent job to suit your 'budget' then go to a student because you will get what you are looking for, instead of coming on here and expecting experienced designers to jump through hoops for the pittance youre prepared to pay.

We-Fix Logo Job Complete

As you might remember a few weeks ago I caused a bit of a problem with my request for a logo.

Many nice designers put in there quotes and out them all i went with Printer People and working with Jonny one of the team we came up with this as the final logo ... I am very happy with it and feel i have got something i can use for a long time to come and also made a very good contact with a design company that i know can deliver .... Great Work Guys

Thanks

And here it is.

wefixsign.jpg

(this is the last sample i got so the final should be higher res)

Thanks!! Printer People 10/10 :icon_notworthy:

Last edited:
O.k you haven't asked for a critique of the logo but by putting it up here you are going to get opinions on it. Surprise surprise you went with the cheapest quote, in my opinion it looks like a cheap £30 logo, but hey if that's what you want for your business and you're happy with it then £30 well spent.

I haven't visited the forums for a while and I have just read this entire thread with amusement.
It was obvious from the start that the client would choose the cheapest option - most do. (And thanks Boss for amending the T&C's to forbid public pricing).

The result is pretty much exactly as I expected - an appalling 'Logo' made out of generic bits and pieces on a background that the 'Studio' has probably used for dozens of other clients.

A perfect example of 'You get what you pay for'!

:icon_biggrin:

O.k you haven't asked for a critique of the logo but by putting it up here you are going to get opinions on it. Surprise surprise you went with the cheapest quote, in my opinion it looks like a cheap £30 logo, but hey if that's what you want for your business and you're happy with it then £30 well spent.

£30 well spent Boss? I'd have wanted some change. :icon_tongue_smilie:

Back