Battery Eater/ duff keyboard?

Tash

I don't know if I have a duff keyboard - it's the wireless aluminium one, but it EATS batteries - I have to replace them every month and I don't even use the keyboard very much - i do most things with my bamboo or my mouse... The weird thing is when I first got my iMac (last year), the batteries in it lasted for about 5 months and then after that - every other brand of battery i stick in it snuffs it after a month - the keyboard keeps disconnecting too unless it has brand-spanking-new batteries, which is ridiculously annoying as they can only be a couple of weeks old - I'm sure it can't suck the juice out in that short space of time.

Anyone else found this? or found a brand of batteries that it won't devour like a sugar junkie with a bag of haribo

Mine is also a bit battery hungry, but branded batteries do last longer than the own brand Costco ones I feed it!

My trackpad is horrendous for this. Every 4 weeks, it needs batteries. Only ones I've found that it likes are the IKEA batteries and they've lasted 5-6 weeks. That's literally it though.

You can turn your keyboard and things off on a night time which conserves them a bit.

Worth checking out some of The Gadget Show's battery tests. They often have surprising results as far as cost vs life goes. Other than that, get some rechargeable ones.

Worth checking out some of The Gadget Show's battery tests. They often have surprising results as far as cost vs life goes. Other than that, get some rechargeable ones.

I'm with Corrosive, get rechargeable ones, they are pretty cheap nowadays and will save you pennies in the long run. Just ensure you are buying decent ones such as 2500mAh, they may not last as long as Duracell etc but as long as you have some spares fully charged.

Back