A little critique please

C

cristi@n

Hello, i've been working on this site for about 2-3 weeks, its about a motorcyles' riders club called RazesMC.

Your opinions, tips and advice are much appreciated. :icon_smile:

Thank you.

Here it is: Razes MC | Bine ati venit in club!

C'mon people?
Nobody has nothing to say?
Its very important for me to hear thoughts and tips from those experienced in this field.

Well it's pretty hard to critique when something just says 'Content goes here', other than that I don't like it at all, I can't work out why you have the logo in what would be the content area,and the links above it. I don't like the background either, and everything just seems a bit 'amateur'. Also you have a massive footer with nothing in it but just one line of text.

First of all, i'm just starting in this business, i begin to show interest in webdesign since march-april this year, so this would be my first attempt, so i guess thats why everything seems a bit "amateur" to you.

Yeah, i know, looks pretty dull without content, but i'm still trying to figure out what information will the website offer.
The content area will finally be an area apart from the banner/logo, but i'm still working on ideas on how to do that.
Why do u think that the sites menu is improperly placed? Where should i put it instead?

With the footer, yeah i know, same thing, lacking content for the moment...

An offtopic question:
When we design a website for a company, group, person etc. are we suppose to figure what will the content be on that particular site? I mean, should we go on and come up with text from our own imagination or should those for which we build the website give us all the information needed?

Thanks for your feedback.

First of all, i'm just starting in this business, i begin to show interest in webdesign since march-april this year, so this would be my first attempt, so i guess thats why everything seems a bit "amateur" to you.

Yeah, i know, looks pretty dull without content, but i'm still trying to figure out what information will the website offer.
The content area will finally be an area apart from the banner/logo, but i'm still working on ideas on how to do that.
Why do u think that the sites menu is improperly placed? Where should i put it instead?

With the footer, yeah i know, same thing, lacking content for the moment...

An offtopic question:
When we design a website for a company, group, person etc. are we suppose to figure what will the content be on that particular site? I mean, should we go on and come up with text from our own imagination or should those for which we build the website give us all the information needed?

Thanks for your feedback.

I always say that the company has to provide the content, however I usually go through it and change a few bits if they need to be changed.
It's not the menu that needs changing, it's the logo, I think it would a lot better if the logo was moved up and the links moved down, that's just my views other people may think differently. It takes time, I've been doing this for about 6 months and I only now start to feel comfortable around HTML and CSS. Stick with it.

PM me or contact me if you need any help :icon_smile:

Chris

Back