10 SEO Tips, Tricks and Myths

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will be much better off building ten or so, high quality, relevant links in the same timeframe

Your time will be much better invested creating high quality, original articles and publishing blog entries less frequently (yet still often enough).

Rather than wasting money and time buying links, you’d be better off investing the time in generating unique and original content and getting it in front of the right pair of eyes.
Totally on the nail - great article.

That's a really good article Tony. All makes great sense and blows a lot of the myths perpetuated by 'SEO Experts', that people have to spend hundreds of pounds to succeed in Google, out of the water. One thing I would take issue with is point 10 about H1 tags. I agree that a page can have more than one but you've completely missed the point of semantics and the actual meaning of tags. Saying that you can use multiple H1 tags because 'It makes styling CSS easier' makes me shudder... :icon_biggrin:

That's a really good article Tony. All makes great sense and blows a lot of the myths perpetuated by 'SEO Experts', that people have to spend hundreds of pounds to succeed in Google, out of the water. One thing I would take issue with is point 10 about H1 tags. I agree that a page can have more than one but you've completely missed the point of semantics and the actual meaning of tags. Saying that you can use multiple H1 tags because 'It makes styling CSS easier' makes me shudder... :icon_biggrin:

Thanks Toby. I was quite proud of the article, it's the result of what happened when I had no internet when I came to Bristol!

And I know about that H1 part ;) I was conflicted over whether to say that or not. :icon_confused:

If you want to put a little quote in there, I'll happily backline it to Yoto :)?

That's a great SEO article Tom, pretty much sums up everything you should do for a good SEO campaign, nice work.

Interesting article - many thanks. That's a nice site design too.

Point number 5 seems an odd one though.

Last edited:
Nice post.. But would like to ask something about H1 tags. They're the one informing search engine crawlers about the heading of the website. So using them multiple times on a single page may dilute the importance and confuse robots. Don't you think so?

I've seen a lot of of writing about 'no follow' links being pointless but as per your article, I'm not convinced that they don't hold some sort of weighting personally and so I think if they are from a reputable website they are likely to be having some sort of good effect.

Really good article. I wrote something similar myself on seo (a DIY seo guide for the small business owner) of a similar epic size and it's quite a nightmare isn't it writing something large and making it readable, manageable and interesting. BUT worth it. Google loves good content and I hope you get lots of good backlinks to that :)

We could even swap links to each other's seo articles if you wanted to start the backlinks rolling? :) This is my piece; DIY Search Engine Optimisation

Amanda

Very nice and informative post, the content was exceptionally brillant. One can do effecitve SEO from this tips, Nice Share....:)

Hi Tony,

Great article full of value!

The one thing I would say is that the majority of your tips refer to backlinking...I know that this is probably the area where most people shoot themselves in the foot and need guidance but feel there should be more emphasis on good keyword research and producing quality content.

Also, please do not take this the wrong way but I did not see any mention of the Title meta tag - something which is vital when talking about on-page optimisation.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Great Article Tony, very informative and easy to read and understand. The main thing I would say is build your SEO strategy on quality original content. A good solid link building strategy and always put the user first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back