Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your opinions please...

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by bigdave, Oct 12, 2010.

1. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I've decided its time to start chasing more freelance work and to kick start this I could do with some business cards. As you'll all be aware its an absolute pig trying to design for yourself and I wouldn't mind some feed back or suggestions if possible.

At the moment Im really enjoying understated earthy, dusky colours which I know on a really good quality stock will look amazing but my problem comes with my intended use of UV spot for my name on the card face.

This is roughly where I'm at with the card, the words David Hudson will be solely printed in UV (see image 2). Im just concerned that it will perhaps look a bit.... hmmm.... Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. DesignMyBox

DesignMyBox Member

So you mean to say David Hudson will be visible only under UV light?
  3. Greg

Greg Active Member

No, I think he means a spot UV gloss, so rest of the card will be in a matt finish, with David Hudson in gloss.
  4. Personally I don't like the way that Graphic and Design is displayed. But thats just me.
  5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

sorry don't like it.

the UV gloss is fine but is it really the best way to go

The 'graphic design' could easily read as graph design c, the design isn't enough of an 'I'
  6. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I see what you are getting at but it's just not legible enough.
  7. bigdave

Thanks for the feedback. Looking at it now, I can see your points about legibility. hmmm... back to the drawing board...

8. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I have to agree. At first I read it as Graph C Design and didn't get it until a second glance.
  9. Maybe reverse the 'DESIGN' out of the cap 'I', to maintain the original 'I' shape?

It appears a little dated to me. Fill yer boots here.
  10. wac

wac Senior Member

The images arent loading for me :(
  11. bigdave

Been tinkering this evening

Feeling quite positive about this one as it provides quit a strong opening for other stationery etc, but I will undoubtedly wake up in the morning wanting to sling it in the bin and start again.
  12. Mmm working for me!

Does it need an anchor, something graphical maybe?
  13. bigdave

Youre right, it needs a little something towards the bottom right....
  14. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Dave,

I would look at reducing the size of 'GRAPHIC DESIGN' so you can maintain the same spacing/kerning as your name above, at the moment I find the difference in spacing a bit distracting.