Your opinions please...

bigdave

I've decided its time to start chasing more freelance work and to kick start this I could do with some business cards. As you'll all be aware its an absolute pig trying to design for yourself and I wouldn't mind some feed back or suggestions if possible.

At the moment Im really enjoying understated earthy, dusky colours which I know on a really good quality stock will look amazing but my problem comes with my intended use of UV spot for my name on the card face.

This is roughly where I'm at with the card, the words David Hudson will be solely printed in UV (see image 2). Im just concerned that it will perhaps look a bit.... hmmm.... Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

CARDIDEA1c.jpg

CARDIDEA1b.jpg

Thanks

Dave

No, I think he means a spot UV gloss, so rest of the card will be in a matt finish, with David Hudson in gloss.

Personally I don't like the way that Graphic and Design is displayed. But thats just me.

sorry don't like it.

the UV gloss is fine but is it really the best way to go

The 'graphic design' could easily read as graph design c, the design isn't enough of an 'I'

Thanks for the feedback. Looking at it now, I can see your points about legibility. hmmm... back to the drawing board...

Cheers

Dave

I have to agree. At first I read it as Graph C Design and didn't get it until a second glance.

Been tinkering this evening

BUSINESSCARD-1.jpg

Feeling quite positive about this one as it provides quit a strong opening for other stationery etc, but I will undoubtedly wake up in the morning wanting to sling it in the bin and start again.

Hi Dave,

I would look at reducing the size of 'GRAPHIC DESIGN' so you can maintain the same spacing/kerning as your name above, at the moment I find the difference in spacing a bit distracting.

Back