Yahoo's New Logos

T

Tony Hardy

Yahoo plan to release 30 new logos over a 30 day period. Has anybody been following the progress of this? If not, here's a quick roundup of the first 10 they released.

I don't know what the idea behind it all is but it's fairly interesting. I wonder if they plan on having a new logo at the end of it? You'd imagine so really.
http://www.creativebloq.com/logo-design/new-yahoo-logos-2013-8134005

You'd think a new logo would be the end product of all this. Personally I like Day 2, though it reminds me a bit of ITV's new logo.

the last one is supposed to be their new logo last time I checked...
Wouldn't actually mind yahoo making a bit of resurgence, their weather app is actually pretty slick.

Levi said:
Wouldn't actually mind yahoo making a bit of resurgence, their weather app is actually pretty slick.
They've got a lot of good design ideas flowing at the minute. They'll have a lot of work to do to compete with Google though. And then they'll add a tablet and phone to the market too, and oh god, there's too much to even consider.

I don't think they need to do a phone/tablet. I think if they can make good apps for every platform, maybe getting more friendly with apple for search (although it's basically just bing) and or doing a 'yahoo' linux distro to compete with chrome they could make in roads with people who want to get away from google/microsoft, especially if they made it more secure/private etc.

Back