Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yahoo's New Logos

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Tony Hardy, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Yahoo plan to release 30 new logos over a 30 day period. Has anybody been following the progress of this? If not, here's a quick roundup of the first 10 they released.

I don't know what the idea behind it all is but it's fairly interesting. I wonder if they plan on having a new logo at the end of it? You'd imagine so really.
    http://www.creativebloq.com/logo-design/new-yahoo-logos-2013-8134005

2. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

You'd think a new logo would be the end product of all this. Personally I like Day 2, though it reminds me a bit of ITV's new logo.

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

the last one is supposed to be their new logo last time I checked...
    Wouldn't actually mind yahoo making a bit of resurgence, their weather app is actually pretty slick.

4. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

They've got a lot of good design ideas flowing at the minute. They'll have a lot of work to do to compete with Google though. And then they'll add a tablet and phone to the market too, and oh god, there's too much to even consider.

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I don't think they need to do a phone/tablet. I think if they can make good apps for every platform, maybe getting more friendly with apple for search (although it's basically just bing) and or doing a 'yahoo' linux distro to compete with chrome they could make in roads with people who want to get away from google/microsoft, especially if they made it more secure/private etc.