Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work Experience

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by rachaelbethany, Jan 15, 2009.

1. rachaelbethany

rachaelbethany New Member

Hi there,

I am a student at Swindon College and I am doing a graphic design BA course in my second year.

I was just wondering if you could help me, I'm looking to do some work experience, i've had a look online but cannot find a thing!

I live in Witney, Oxfordshire so anything around this area would be great, but I do have a car so can travel.

Thank you for your time,

Rachael x :icon_biggrin::icon_lol:

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Hi Rachael

Welcome to the Graphic Design Forums :icon_smile:

I would visit the following link...

Oxfordshire Graphic Designers Oxfordshire Graphic Agencies

...and contact a few companies local to you via e-mail/telephone, if you are just after work experience and happy not to be paid I am sure they will give you some help.

Hope that helps a bit, others may have some different ideas, if you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask.

P.S: Don't forget to mention us to your fellow class mates :icon_thumbup:

3. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Hi Rachel, good to see you join up :). The link Damon above has sent you seems to be aptly named, so hopefully you'll find something.

4. Ziplip888

Ziplip888 New Member

Hi Racheal, check out this company - Creative Protege Ltd if you want to do some voluntary work. Otherwise i would say its a great time to start thinking of yourself as a product and trying to market yourself to some local companies. Have you considered designing a flyer / HTML email that you can send to companies stating your availability - you could even put a samples of your work on there.

PS. Wont your careers department help you out?