Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work experience - Leeds

Discussion in 'Design Jobs & Employment Forum:' started by thebige1969, Aug 3, 2011.

1. thebige1969

thebige1969 New Member

If anyone is looking for work experience, we are a busy publishing studio needing help immediately in Leeds, its unpaid but varied and great for the CV

Contact elliot@media-mad.co.uk

2. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, have to ask, why unpaid? Would you not even cover travel expenses and a bit to eat at lunchtime?

3. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

As above :icon_thumbup:

4. richimgd

richimgd Member

I'm pretty sure by law you would need to pay at least minimum wage unless someone does actually agree in writing that they will work for free. If they are going to be helping you out, the least you can do is pay them minimum wage in my opinion.

5. thebige1969

thebige1969 New Member

yes, we could probably pay expenses.

6. thebige1969

thebige1969 New Member

yes we are offering work experience opportunity - minimum wage irrelevant! Im sure we could work out some Xs
    :icon_smile:

7. richimgd

richimgd Member

Some info here about minimun wage and work experience as some people might be entitled to it. I think if you are actually producing live work rather than making cups of tea and shadowing people (like what you do at work experience) it sounds more like real work and you might be entitled to minimun wage.