Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work Experience in Magazine Design?

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by catwoman, Aug 18, 2010.

1. catwoman

catwoman New Member

Hi everyone!

Im looking to do some work experience in magazine design but am a little lost as to how I go about finding this.
    I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to where to look and how to go about this, I live in Oxfordshire in the UK if this helps?

Thanks

2. welcome to the forum :)

3. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Welcome Catwoman.

Where in Oxfordshire are you?
    I know a couple of companies down there.
    What training do you have?

4. catwoman

catwoman New Member

Thanks chrismitchell

Hi Typo, i live in witney but i have a driving licence and a car so could go anywhere.
    I've just finished uni and got a 2:1 and have just finished a weeks placement at F1 Racing Magazine designing a 6 page feature on Eddie Irvine. I also worked for two weeks at Renault Formula One designing the logo for the company takeover from Bennetton.
    Other than that I just have uni work
    Thanks

5. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

6. Greg

Greg Active Member

Glen - Did you miss this?!
    The first F1 message that's been posted on the forums other than you.. and you miss it? :D

7. lula

lula Senior Member

You could try Future in Bath, (they publish .net and Computer Arts, amongst others). It's a bit of a drive from you though. I used to be an art editor there, it's a nice place to work. Have a look here: Jobs with Future - Future Publishing Jobs

8. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

They do SFX magazine....my fav.

9. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I know someone (through a friend) who worked there and has nothing but high praise for the job (according to my friend) :)

10. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

:lol:LOL I was thinking the same!! He still hasn't replied haha too funny!!