Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wordpress newbie

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by HippySunshine, Oct 11, 2009.

1. HippySunshine

HippySunshine Senior Member

Im new to the web design world really and I have soo much to learn, one thing I have never used and feel I need to jump on the bandwagon with is WORDPRESS!!

I have it all installed and such but jesus, where do I start when it comes to designing a layout? I don't even know how to add an external page link lol :confused:

So, any hints, tips, ideas, websites, tutorials on how to get started with WP?

How many people use WP for your own/client sites?

2. Becky

Becky Member

PM coming your way :p
  3. HippySunshine

HippySunshine Senior Member

ooh. looking forward to it.
  4. nicki2c

nicki2c Junior Member

I'm in the same position, please can you send me the pm!

Also, is Wordpress the way to go for websites? Is it better that Dreamweaver? I am looking to set one up for a product range that I'm trying out and feel that a Wordpress blog isn't enough.

I've been looking at some books on Amazon, but don't know which one to go for??
  5. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Wordpress and dreamweaver are two totally different things.

Wordpress is a content management system (CMS) that allows you to use their code to publish your content. There are many many plugins and it would suit the task you need perfectly. I personally wouldn't set about tackling it without assistance for your first project.

Dreamweaver is a piece of software that has many features, some good, some not so good. It's best features revolve around it's code view (as a text editor) while it's worst features revolve around it's design view (WYSIWYG editor).

Anyway, wordpress is probably the correct way to go for a product range small site for someone without much experience, but I'd still look at getting someone professional to show you how or complete the work for you :)
  6. nicki2c

nicki2c Junior Member

Thanks! I've actually just finished a Graphic Design degree and building a website was one of the things I never got round to - its definitely a gap I need to resolve!