Wordpress newbie

HippySunshine

Im new to the web design world really and I have soo much to learn, one thing I have never used and feel I need to jump on the bandwagon with is WORDPRESS!!

I have it all installed and such but jesus, where do I start when it comes to designing a layout? I don't even know how to add an external page link lol :confused:

So, any hints, tips, ideas, websites, tutorials on how to get started with WP?

How many people use WP for your own/client sites?

Thanks

I'm in the same position, please can you send me the pm!

Also, is Wordpress the way to go for websites? Is it better that Dreamweaver? I am looking to set one up for a product range that I'm trying out and feel that a Wordpress blog isn't enough.

I've been looking at some books on Amazon, but don't know which one to go for??

Wordpress and dreamweaver are two totally different things.

Wordpress is a content management system (CMS) that allows you to use their code to publish your content. There are many many plugins and it would suit the task you need perfectly. I personally wouldn't set about tackling it without assistance for your first project.

Dreamweaver is a piece of software that has many features, some good, some not so good. It's best features revolve around it's code view (as a text editor) while it's worst features revolve around it's design view (WYSIWYG editor).

Anyway, wordpress is probably the correct way to go for a product range small site for someone without much experience, but I'd still look at getting someone professional to show you how or complete the work for you :)

Thanks! I've actually just finished a Graphic Design degree and building a website was one of the things I never got round to - its definitely a gap I need to resolve!

Back