Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What shall I do with 120 unused business cards?

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Anagoge, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

I recently got some new business cards printed, rendering my old ones a bit useless, really. It seems a shame to just throw them away so I'm wondering if you have any creative solutions to my dilemma. Roughly 120 black business cards - What shall I do with them! Open to suggestions.

2. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

make 120 mini card aeroplanes, throw them all and see which is the best one (distance), keep this as a treasured memory of your time of boredom

3. berry

berry Active Member

pop along to your local golf course early morning and put one in each hole. That's now @ 40 odd local businessmen who know about you....

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

make a 3d house or a card tower thing

5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Leave em in phone boxes with...'for a good time' scribbled on em.

6. berry

berry Active Member

Put em on Ebay with a starting price of £675,000 EACH, won't sell any but may just make the news.

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Buy some helium baloons, attach a bunch of cards to a few baloons grouped together and let them fly!?
    Place them in sealed containers and send out to sea?

I like the golf course idea from Berry! :)

'for a good design' ;)

8. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

See if there's any local business networking events, they are one of the biggest contributors to rainforest destruction, you should be able to shift them there, might even get some work.

9. berry

berry Active Member

He will shift them but may as well have a BBQ with them or just shred them like i do

10. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

very true, the best thing i've got out of them is a breakfast roll :D

11. berry

berry Active Member

I'd love to get a breakfast roll, but the wife isn't a morning person;)

12. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

pmsl I'm sure there's a Daddies Sauce joke in there somewhere

13. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

I'm loving this idea. It would go perfectly with the whole ethos of my logo. I wonder how much 120 pre-filled helium balloons would be? I'd be very tempted to do this if it works out fairly cheap.

14. Greg

Greg Active Member

That was the thinking :)
    You could get red, white & blue ones and tie 3 together to a bunch of 10 cards?
    Only problem might be the cost...

15. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I like the idea of a business card house!

16. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

I'm really tempted to buy a small helium tank (Link: HG2306 Disposable Helium 50 - £34.99 : Balloons and Party Supplies, From Balloons.co.uk) but that would cost me £35 and £6 for red, white and blue balloons (Link: 100 mixed red, white and blue 10 inch latex balloons - £6.00 : Balloons and Party Supplies, From Balloons.co.uk), plus £4.50 in postage.

How do I justify spending £50 on this? I really want to though!

I'm about to be paid for a recent design job so I do have the money if I chose to do it. I'll certainly be documenting it if I go through with it!

17. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

when i got married i think we had about 15 helium balloons and it cost about £20. we got them from a shop that did it. we did think about doing it ourselves but they say you have to buy certain balloons for helium and you cant guarentee how much helium is in the container (helium shrinks the longer its left).

i think its a wicked idea though. if you do it youll have to take some pics of you doing it. great idea.

18. br3n

br3n Senior Member

I've got about a thousand to get rid of, went with the worlds worst print company vistaprint and theyre tiny and very bad :(