What shall I do with 120 unused business cards?

Anagoge

I recently got some new business cards printed, rendering my old ones a bit useless, really. It seems a shame to just throw them away so I'm wondering if you have any creative solutions to my dilemma. Roughly 120 black business cards - What shall I do with them! Open to suggestions.

make 120 mini card aeroplanes, throw them all and see which is the best one (distance), keep this as a treasured memory of your time of boredom

pop along to your local golf course early morning and put one in each hole. That's now @ 40 odd local businessmen who know about you....

Put em on Ebay with a starting price of £675,000 EACH, won't sell any but may just make the news.

Buy some helium baloons, attach a bunch of cards to a few baloons grouped together and let them fly!?
Place them in sealed containers and send out to sea?

I like the golf course idea from Berry! :)

Typo said:
Leave em in phone boxes with...'for a good time' scribbled on em.

'for a good design' ;)

See if there's any local business networking events, they are one of the biggest contributors to rainforest destruction, you should be able to shift them there, might even get some work.

Tom Sound said:
See if there's any local business networking events, they are one of the biggest contributors to rainforest destruction, you should be able to shift them there, might even get some work.

He will shift them but may as well have a BBQ with them or just shred them like i do

Greg said:
Buy some helium baloons, attach a bunch of cards to a few baloons grouped together and let them fly!?

I'm loving this idea. It would go perfectly with the whole ethos of my logo. I wonder how much 120 pre-filled helium balloons would be? I'd be very tempted to do this if it works out fairly cheap.

I'm really tempted to buy a small helium tank (Link: HG2306 Disposable Helium 50 - £34.99 : Balloons and Party Supplies, From Balloons.co.uk) but that would cost me £35 and £6 for red, white and blue balloons (Link: 100 mixed red, white and blue 10 inch latex balloons - £6.00 : Balloons and Party Supplies, From Balloons.co.uk), plus £4.50 in postage.

How do I justify spending £50 on this? I really want to though!

I'm about to be paid for a recent design job so I do have the money if I chose to do it. I'll certainly be documenting it if I go through with it!

when i got married i think we had about 15 helium balloons and it cost about £20. we got them from a shop that did it. we did think about doing it ourselves but they say you have to buy certain balloons for helium and you cant guarentee how much helium is in the container (helium shrinks the longer its left).

i think its a wicked idea though. if you do it youll have to take some pics of you doing it. great idea.

I've got about a thousand to get rid of, went with the worlds worst print company vistaprint and theyre tiny and very bad :(

Back