Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Scamps?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Rwilliams21, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Rwilliams21

Rwilliams21 New Member

Hey gang

Just a quick question, what is scamps? I think its something to do with photo retouching but im not too sure

any help would be great

thanks!!

rich

:icon_cheers:

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

A first rough or mockup usually used in artworking terms e.g. Scamp up a design...during a design brief :icon_smile:

3. Esh

Esh Member

Yep as Boss Hog said. Basically it's a quick way of getting potential final ideas down. Other terms for pretty much the same thing are: mock-ups (as Boss Hog mentioned), thumbnails, comps, roughs....you get the drift.

4. paulaustin

paulaustin New Member

as the others have said scamps are rough drawings used to convey the idea of a ad/design rather than get bogged down in details. i show all my initial ideas as scamps to clients. If you show them a scamp, you can talk through an idea and the reasoning behind it.

if you show them a mock up they almost always get bogged down in details - "i like the idea, but i don't like the colour of the car you've used" failing to realise it's a low res placeholder etc etc

my old boss used to say if you can't sell an ad from a scamp then it's a bad idea