What Are You Working On?

That's exactly what I was thinking of when I made my initial comment on it. I know that it IS 3D Levi, but it just looks old fashioned. What Davo just posted is exactly what I was thinking and it looks good. Could do with some tweaking and flair adding to it but it would be a good start.

Sean Lee-Amies said:
That's exactly what I was thinking of when I made my initial comment on it. I know that it IS 3D Levi, but it just looks old fashioned. What Davo just posted is exactly what I was thinking and it looks good. Could do with some tweaking and flair adding to it but it would be a good start.
Yeah, I've seen some really nice examples in the past of vector logos with a simple dynamic take on the compostion using 3D. Maybe going a touch wider on the focal length may give a more interesting angle.

Cool Davo and cheers. You done much animation yourself? If you have skills as a designer which you do then motion can sometimes be a step in the right direction :)

DavoSmith said:
Yeah, I've seen some really nice examples in the past of vector logos with a simple dynamic take on the compostion using 3D. Maybe going a touch wider on the focal length may give a more interesting angle.
Sean Lee-Amies said:
lol....at least wait till it's finished you two.... as I said there is a fair bit still to do to it.... proportions being the main thing, then it's camera angles, colours, lighting and I'm then at the same stage as the other logo :)

When I've done that I'll be able to see if I need to do anything more to it :)

Basic said:
Cool Davo and cheers. You done much animation yourself? If you have skills as a designer which you do then motion can sometimes be a step in the right direction :)
Done a few things but nothing of huge note at all. I'd really like to change that this year as I feel I have a good eye for timing so we'll see. Maybe I can make an opportunity or two who knows. Title Sequences is what I'd love...... Thats the aim.
iFM - iProfile CV Exchange
iFM - TOE2TOE Title Sequence

DavoSmith said:
Done a few things but nothing of huge note at all. I'd really like to change that this year as I feel I have a good eye for timing so we'll see. Maybe I can make an opportunity or two who knows. Title Sequences is what I'd love...... Thats the aim.
iFM - iProfile CV Exchange
iFM - TOE2TOE Title Sequence
These are so good! By adding a few more animation principles to them they would be look great. I envy your design skill set though. I done things the wrong way round. I wanted to animate before I was an artist! :)

Basic said:
These are so good! By adding a few more animation principles to them they would be look great. I envy your design skill set though. I done things the wrong way round. I wanted to animate before I was an artist! :)
Ha, thanks. Appreciated. You can always learn more about design and there are plenty of places to do so. I like working with typography and composition. I think thats why I have such a love for title sequence design. Post your stuff when its done buddy.....

I'm working on a project I can't announce yet as well as starting another in about a week that I also cannot announce.
However, I'm also going to be working on some prints I can sell and I plan on selling in my Etsy shop eventually :)

Levi said:
lol....at least wait till it's finished you two.... as I said there is a fair bit still to do to it.... proportions being the main thing, then it's camera angles, colours, lighting and I'm then at the same stage as the other logo :)

When I've done that I'll be able to see if I need to do anything more to it :)
Would be splendid to see if from start to finish. From sketch to wireframe to no texture / colour to final render to Vector. Get it done...

DavoSmith said:
Would be splendid to see if from start to finish. From sketch to wireframe to no texture / colour to final render to Vector. Get it done...
there won't be any vector... no point when its only for me and I will just re-render to size if I have to and to be honest I haven't really got many sketches of this apart from the initial 'idea' being put to paper so I don't forget it :)

Levi said:
there won't be any vector... no point when its only for me and I will just re-render to size if I have to and to be honest I haven't really got many sketches of this apart from the initial 'idea' being put to paper so I don't forget it :)
No vector, I thought this was for your branding? Everyone should have a vector logo I'd say. Do it, do it......

why waste time (it would take me ages) to do a vector when I can just render at whatever resolution I need for my work.... it will be quicker for me to render the image again than figure out how use illustrator properly lol

Levi said:
why waste time (it would take me ages) to do a vector when I can just render at whatever resolution I need for my work.... it will be quicker for me to render the image again than figure out how use illustrator properly lol
Well if you need a vector creating of your final logo, just shout...... Theres nothing better than a clean & crisp vector logo

It's really simple to do that kind of stuff, wouldn't take long and would be much quicker than having to re-render every time you want a different size. I'm sure one of us can help you out with it though :D

Currently working on a Tarot Card Reading mobile app. Client wants a unique design of a lotus flower for the cards and I've just finished it:
2Jpas.png

Worked on a personal project this past weekend. A bit of a departure from my normal style which was nice.

Edit: will upload when I get to comp. apparently iPhone photo is too big.
13-slp-007_work_hard_stay_humble_dribbble.jpg

Shauna, I would love to be able to make hand drawn type like you! That's awesome :) Have you ever tried making one of them work as an actual computer font?

Back