• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What Are You Working On?


T

Tony Hardy

Guest
#1
We don't focus on design a lot around these parts! :) We're quite happy go lucky and are happy to just talk about anything and everything.

How about a thread created ABOUT DESIGN!? (I know, novel).
So the idea is, to share some screen caps, thoughts and brief ideas about what you're working on at this moment in time (provided it's not covered by an NDA of course!)

Let's see if we can get this thread thriving. Much like the illustration thread!
--------------

So, my latest project is a reskin of a London lifestyle, fashion and music blog called TinManLondon.com. I should be bringing the project to a close tomorrow after a week of working on it and totally changing the way it works and looks.
Anyway, here it is; TinMan London
 
#2
Nice Work Tony :)
Currently working on an big national hospitality brand (all I can say :D), but creating a brand identity, stationary and a simple wordpress site.
Just finished projects for 2 separate clients in America, 2 in Australia and another couple here in the UK in the last 3 weeks alone. Along with my CreativeTowers branding and site creation. Busy Busy :)
 
#4
Got a few of the recently completed ones, but agreed with the clients not to release the details etc. until after they have officially launched, but will post up when I can.
Cheers
Ben
 
#5
I'm just working on this initial concept for an events photography business. The current idea is developing a lower case 'g' in the negative space of the camera shutter.
Still needs quite a bit of tweaking and then work on the positioning to the text and so on though.
 
#6
dedwardp said:
I'm just working on this initial concept for an events photography business. The current idea is developing a lower case 'g' in the negative space of the camera shutter.
Still needs quite a bit of tweaking and then work on the positioning to the text and so on though.
I can see where your going, and it could work well with the tweaks you mentioned.
 

Levi

Moderator
Staff member
#7
My main work is this - nda (non disclosure agreement)

I'm also working on an idea for a 'rebrand' as I don't feel my current brand says I do 3d work strongly enough. This idea just started coming from the way I do my IR logo on my website sketches, hopefully it's not because I've seen it elsewhere (I have checked and have not found anything) lol. Got to work on it's proportions along with it's slanted leg and it's not the right colours but it is definitely more '3d' than my current one :)
 

Jimlad

Well-Known Member
#8
I'm currently working on a wallpaper mural, but it's going to be a massive comic book page. Thing is, writing a script that doesn't generate too many panels and actually translates into an exciting enough segment to make sense AND put on a wall is proving quite a challenge!
 
#9
Product overview pdf with interactive galleries for each product.
Individual product sheets.
A casestudy of the benefits of PETG UV over standard PET.
A casestudy of the benefits using metal over plastic.
Looking at some upcoming adverts.
 
#10
Jimlad said:
I'm currently working on a wallpaper mural, but it's going to be a massive comic book page. Thing is, writing a script that doesn't generate too many panels and actually translates into an exciting enough segment to make sense AND put on a wall is proving quite a challenge!
I shall be looking forward to seeing that pal. Get it up when you can......
 
S

Sean Lee-Amies

Guest
#11
Well, unfortunately due to my latest project being postponed I've been left with a dry spell, so I thought I'd take this time to actually re-do all of my branding. I've near enough got the designs sorted out, I just need to do some touching up, sort out the text on the site and then get round to coding it. I might play around with some of the angles of my new logo too, it's a little off balance at the moment.
 

Attachments

T

Tony Hardy

Guest
#12
@DedwardP
I really like that and think that's going to work out nicely. What's the font on the Guava? Lovely looking. Are they a Mexican photographer? Has that sort of vibe to it!
@Levi
NDA's are really boring aren't they? Like the iR concept. Top half maybe looks like a magnet? Not sure if that was intentional. How long does it take you to create and render something like that?

@Jimlad
Do you have to write the comics too? Jesus! Sounds like a lot of hard work. I thought you might just be given the stories to illustrate?
@balders
All of that, sounds like horrendous amounts of fun.

@Sean
We've been over your website :)
 
S

Sean Lee-Amies

Guest
#13
I think I would lose the gradients on that IR logo levi. To me it just looks like one of those kind of old fashioned "wooh look, 3D!" type of things lol. I'm sure you can think of a better way to intertwine i and R too :)
 

Levi

Moderator
Staff member
#14
Tony Hardy said:
@Levi
NDA's are really boring aren't they? Like the iR concept. Top half maybe looks like a magnet? Not sure if that was intentional. How long does it take you to create and render something like that?
NDA's.... par the course for me, even have it as standard policy to save hassle of trying to remember if I can show xyz or not. I noticed the magnet last night too, it wasn't planned lol. How long, longer than you think when you're a picky sod like me, especially when you're trying to make a custom R and R is an awkward letter to get balanced in my opinion :)
Sean Lee-Amies said:
I think I would lose the gradients on that IR logo levi. To me it just looks like one of those kind of old fashioned "wooh look, 3D!" type of things lol. I'm sure you can think of a better way to intertwine i and R too :)
It IS 3D lol....gradients are because of the lighting... it's not some false illustrator 3d image lol. It is however a very poor quality render as it's not finished. Like I said it's one I'm playing on, not sure if I'm going to go with it but I kind of like the simplicity (it's actually not 'that' simple) of it and it kind of fits in with the newer flat style everyone is heading towards.
This was another idea I kind of was playing with when I started the website but think it might be a little 'too' busy when added to the new idea for my site. Also doesn't quite fit with the new direction for my site.

This one is 'finished' although I may change it a bit on the colours if I use it. The gradients are due to the materials and the lighting so yes I can remove but it would require new materials and the lights turning off.... which would mean a black image :p
Squiddy... looks like you changed your LA logo too... actually looks more LA than the current one :)
 

Jimlad

Well-Known Member
#15
Tony Hardy said:
@Jimlad
Do you have to write the comics too? Jesus! Sounds like a lot of hard work. I thought you might just be given the stories to illustrate?
This is a one-off thing using the super heroes from a previous bit of work, I'm not actually writing a whole comic. Well, I did write a bunch of stuff and as it ended I thought "this is the point where I want the wallpaper story to start" so maybe I accidentally AM writing one! I did write little bits for each character deciding on their powers and motivations too... typical super hero stuff really. And Davo, I dare say I'll post it when it's done, lots of work to do before then.
I did start writing my own comic with animals characters in a fantasy setting, personal project that kind of lost steam. I may yet return to it when I've nothing to do.
 
#16
Tony Hardy said:
@DedwardP
I really like that and think that's going to work out nicely. What's the font on the Guava? Lovely looking. Are they a Mexican photographer? Has that sort of vibe to it!
Nah, not Mexican - just wanted those colours to go with the Guava fruit, but the font is Neutra Text. Thanks for the comments though!
Levi, I much prefer the second one you've just posted. Although now I've only just spotted the 'i' in your original one, doh!
 

Levi

Moderator
Staff member
#17
dedwardp said:
Levi, I much prefer the second one you've just posted. Although now I've only just spotted the 'i' in your original one, doh!
I told you the first one wasn't as simple as it looks :p
The first one still needs a fair bit of tweaking to get it to the same stage as the second one... may end up putting them up to a vote when they done
 
#18

Attachments

#19
Basic said:
The project I am working on at the moment is my final animation for the course I am on.
My project is an info graphic style documentary about Algorithms and how they are shaping the world which we live in.
I have animated 40 seconds so far and the images below are some saved frames from the actual animation.
Cinema.jpg
FilmReel.jpg
Penguin.jpg
Volcano.jpg
Good stuff man, really like my animation and hope to specialise in it alot more as time passes. Will look forward to seeing the final piece come to fruition buddy. Good luck...
 
#20
Levi said:
My main work is this - nda (non disclosure agreement)

I'm also working on an idea for a 'rebrand' as I don't feel my current brand says I do 3d work strongly enough. This idea just started coming from the way I do my IR logo on my website sketches, hopefully it's not because I've seen it elsewhere (I have checked and have not found anything) lol. Got to work on it's proportions along with it's slanted leg and it's not the right colours but it is definitely more '3d' than my current one :)
Quite like the idea of the sneaky i there Levi. I think with a little more dynamic angle you could make a pretty smart simple vector from that.


Dont mind shades of grey either.


Then keep the typography treatment for the name really nice and simple.

http://s267.photobucket.com/user/TheMacMagician/media/LEVI-iR_DavoDraft3.jpg.html]
[/URL]